I Never Expected This

Posted:
in Genius Bar
So forgive me as I just started to use Apple products again and I have had iphones 5, 6, 7 and now i have the X..
and luckily for me i have never had to call for support or anything previously..Because what it looks like to me is that Apple is using the consumer law
to say that an item i bought was lol illegally modified..Now the product in question are airpod pros..Because i couldnt get a replacement case AND a brand new replacement
case that Apple had just sent me to pair with the earpods earpieces and i took them up to the Apple store personally to the genius bar where their technicion ran diagnostics and the told me that yes they were bad and that he was gonna take em and send em off to have em fixed or im sorry replaced because they didnt have any in the store only
to have a different tech come up with the idea that they were "illegaly modified" was the word they used..Now how in the world can one modify sum earbuds or why
on earth would I..But my point to this is that it looks to me that if they dont wanna replace an item then this is just one way they can do that..Nevermind you
that its the same case they had just sent me that is part of this "modification" but it dont matter cause if they said it then it has to be true..But the first tech didnt say a word
along this narrative but only after i relinquished the item and was told i would be having them replaced do they come up with such nonsense..Well i am very very disappointed in that
im gonna have these inspected my an independant authorized Apple repair person and have them explain to me where these have been modified..Cause they were brand new in a wrapped plastic box ..Blows me away at such incompetence, but it does not surprise me one bit with the way the world is in its current state..

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    sphericspheric Posts: 2,563member
    a) you now have a four- or five-year-old iPhone X? okay. 

b) did you buy those AirPods from Apple or another reputable dealer? 

I ask because „illegally modified“ might be code for „counterfeit“. Counterfeits may come from the same production line, but „off-shift“. So they can be „real“, but may not be „official“, in which case Apple cannot deal with them if the serial numbers or chip IDs or whatever don’t match their listings. 
    muthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 2 of 3
    spheric said:
    I ask because...
    .... because AppleWhacker is trolling.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    sphericspheric Posts: 2,563member
    spheric said:
    I ask because...
    .... because AppleWhacker is trolling.
    I give him the benefit of the doubt here. 

Apple may just be too polite to simply confiscate a counterfeit product and tell him to fuck off. 
    muthuk_vanalingam