Software update shows installed iPod update

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I just went on Software Update to see if the 10.2.5 update is there yet (sorry! not yet) and it told me that I did not have the 1.2.6 iPod update installed yet. Now, I installed this the day it came out and am just wondering if anyone else has seen this happen and if it indicates a problem with their previous install. Or does the message not show up if the iPod is plugged in?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    Yeah, I saw it in my software update also, not sure why since it's already on my comp/iPod.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    I had the same problem. I just installed it again.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    Same here. I just set that update to inactive.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    I see this too.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Me too. And I remember that it did it for the 1.2.1 update too. Why, I have no idea. Maybe there's no receipt in the receipts folder. I'll try creating one and see. (Yes, I'm bored).
  • Reply 6 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by torifile

Me too. And I remember that it did it for the 1.2.1 update too. Why, I have no idea. Maybe there's no receipt in the receipts folder. I'll try creating one and see. (Yes, I'm bored).

Hmm. I did have a receipt for it, but it still comes up in the SUPP. :/
  • Reply 7 of 10
    jaredjared Posts: 639member
    Did you guys take the iPod update out of the folder? If you take it out of the folder it will not see it as installed...
  • Reply 8 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jared

Did you guys take the iPod update out of the folder? If you take it out of the folder it will not see it as installed...

Nope. I just left it where the installer put it. In the Utilities folder.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    Me too. I seem to remember this happening with the previous update as well. I originally downloaded it from the Apple site and eventually it showed up on the update panel. I just ignored it.