MS BT Mouse/AppleDlink BT adapter Q

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Has anyone got the Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse working with the Apple DLink Bluetooth USB adapter on 10.2.5 yet?

Thanks in advance.

PBM.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    chopper3chopper3 Posts: 293member
    answered my own question by buying one. it does work.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    inkheadinkhead Posts: 155member
    Can you post links to the microsoft bluetooth mouse and the bluetooth keyboards?

Also where can I get the dlink adapter
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Oh and this combo (MS BT Mouse/Apple Dlink BT adapter) may work but it seems flakey on my pb800. jerky/slow and disconnects randomly.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Ok... I am now really confused. Was going to buy either the MS Bluetooth Mouse or the Mouse/Keyboard combo... Isn't it true that the mouse comes with a bluetooth tranceiver (USB) so what do you need the d-link for?

Oh and btw. I read somewhere that 10.2.5 added support for MS bluetooth products on the OS level.

-Snowster
  • Reply 6 of 8
    catalystcatalyst Posts: 226member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Snowster

Ok... I am now really confused. Was going to buy either the MS Bluetooth Mouse or the Mouse/Keyboard combo... Isn't it true that the mouse comes with a bluetooth tranceiver (USB) so what do you need the d-link for?

Some users already have one of those, and perhaps others don't want to stick any Microsoft thingy into their machines. :P
  • Reply 7 of 8
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    I think some people on the MacNN forums have had some success with the MS BT keyboard and mouse. Give it a look.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    The MS BT adapter isn't "fully supported" (i.e. acts oddly) under X. It's also really big and ugly.