On My Own

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
ok, so my best friend and i have some rough and irratable home situations and both decided we'd like to be on the move out, and we're looking to get a pad together. and i wsa wondering if anyone knew any good websites to look for this kind of apartments and [expletive deleted]. any really low deals around that don't put me next to some godforsooken L train in brooklyn or some [expletive deleted]?

also, i was wondering when the average AI'r finally makes that fateful move out on their own, college dorms aside. most of you cats get out right after college? or do u go home for a few years after? many years after? or do you move out before college? billy joel said 21 is too long ("your twentyone and ya mother still makes ya bed? thats too long"-c'p'n jack)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by thuh Freak

ok, so my best friend and i have some rough and irratable home situations and both decided we'd like to be on the move out, and we're looking to get a pad together. and i wsa wondering if anyone knew any good websites to look for this kind of apartments and [expletive deleted]. any really low deals around that don't put me next to some godforsooken L train in brooklyn or some [expletive deleted]?

also, i was wondering when the average AI'r finally makes that fateful move out on their own, college dorms aside. most of you cats get out right after college? or do u go home for a few years after? many years after? or do you move out before college? billy joel said 21 is too long ("your twentyone and ya mother still makes ya bed? thats too long"-c'p'n jack)

I moved from my home at the age of 24. I never had problems to live at home. I must consider my-self lucky.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    I escaped my parents when I was 18.

Have lived in my own two room apartment all through high school (didn´t start that until after my draft and a couple of years of full time work) and college. So the choices in your poll really don´t reflect my situation.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders the White

I escaped my parents when I was 18.

Have lived in my own two room apartment all through high school (didn´t start that until after my draft and a couple of years of full time work) and college. So the choices in your poll really don´t reflect my situation.

the poll wsa mostly my attempt at [high] humor. i suppose my art is lost on you [zing!].
  • Reply 4 of 9
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    I've moved out with 16.

Rented an appartement with my brother and a friend. Went well for one and a half year. Now I'm going to move out there, and live alone for the first time.

• Reply 5 of 9
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    I don't think apartment locating as hit the interweb, you might have to go out into the meat world for that one.

I moved out when I was 17.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    I am 18 and I live in a dorm but my house is nearby so I go home on weekends. It is only my freshman year so that's cool for now. Next year I think I'll probably only visit home maybe twice a month rather than every single weekend. And next summer will probably be my last summer at home, after that I don't know what I'll do but I doubt it'll involve living in my parents' house for much time. Of course I'll visit as long as I'm nearby but I dunno I'll have to see.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    A few months after I turned 18 I ended up doing my best at turning my girlfriend's basement into a bedroom and left home. I'm going to be 20 in a few months, and in about a year we're probably both going to leave here for NYC for design school, then I'm looking at California. I cant handle too many more NY winters.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    It looks like I'll be moving out after college to go to law school. I'll consider coming back for just the summer, but that may not work out considering any summer job offers I may receive. Hmm. My evil twin brother (haha that's right, pscates!).. he's moving out next year to specialize in automotive design at some far off school- but he'll be presumably back for summers so that's not to really say "moved out" yet.