Tech Support for Older Devices / iOS Versions

Posted:
in Genius Bar
I'm a Los Angeles based IT consultant & am looking to the community here for advice!  I often have clients that call for remote support for outdated / unsupported iOS Devices.  Yesterday, for example, I had a client looking for some basic help with adding Mail accounts to an iPad Air (4,2) running the latest iOS that the device is able to support (12.5.6).  Since the device isn't capable of FaceTime screen sharing, and pretty much all of my devices on my end are current, I couldn't accurately walk the client through the exact steps / menus they were seeing on their end to get the account added.  We got there eventually, but I figure there has to be some sort of simulator / emulator out there so that I'd be better equipped to follow along with clients in these situations.  Xcode won't work (Mac is running macOS 13.2.1, the oldest available iPadOS for the machine is 13.7).  In theory I could run a macOS VM inside Parallels or the like, then run older Xcode, etc, but I'm hoping there's a more convenient option out there that I don't know about!  Thanks!