Will os10geek's "exile" ever end?

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
Sorry to devote a whole thread to the subject of myself, but I was wondering, Admins, whether I will ever get my original Appleinsider account back. I am befuddled about the mystery of why I got kicked off in the first place, and I don't think that posting an unoriginal thread was the reason. Maybe you guys can tell me.\ PLEASE DO NOT BE MORE CYNICAL THAN NECESSARY. Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    what did he get kicked fore?
  • Reply 2 of 9
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Well from looking at his post database, his last post involved talking about possible Apple ads for the future. And apparently he took issue with a mod moving it from FH to GD. I dunno, his last post was edited so I don't know what he said, but I think by now he should be un-blocked.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    I wasn't impolite, per se, I was just a little miffed. Man, I love that word... As I was saying, unblocking os10geek, THAT'S ME BY THE WAY!, would be nice. Apologies to any Mods or Admins.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Drink poison.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

Drink poison.

How about we forget about it? He's obviously not causing any trouble now so instead of holding a grudge and getting into an argument over what he did and why he was banned, just put it behind us. But I'll leave it up to the mods whether they want to unblock him or not.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Luca Rescigno

But I'll leave it up to the mods whether they want to unblock him or not.

Do you have a choice?

• Reply 7 of 9
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Defiant

Do you have a choice?

well he does have an industry strength hacking machine infront of him...though i doubt he knows how to use it
  • Reply 8 of 9
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    An AMD Athlon 1800+ is not what I would call an industry strenth hacking machine, but as we were saying...
  • Reply 9 of 9
    if he's posting under a new account, he's not banned.

os10geek annoyed a lot of people. have fun as 'placebo' but don't ask to go back.

Perhaps we need to clarify the difference between a banning and a 'change of posting access priveleges'.

In the former, the IP range is blocked. No reading, accessing, anything.

We don't want that person, no matter under what name, as part of the community.

A change of posting access means that that particular persona is no longer welcome. Unless explicitly stated in an email to the person, the length of these is at our discretion. In the case of people who particularly get on our nerves, it is possible that we don't want the persona posting, but the human being can feel free to register a new name, clean up his act, and become a pleasant member of the community again.

It's akin to an exile; you can change your name and your act, and come back unnoticed, but the former you must stay out.

Hope that clears it up...