bluetooth headphones?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
My headphones just crapped out, and I'm looking to get a new pair to go with my laptop. I'd like to go wireless but the 900mhz headphone base stations are too big to be portable. I looked around for bluetooth headphones but didn't come across any - are they out there, or is the range too small to accomadate them?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    anyone?
  • Reply 2 of 13
    None of the bluetooth adaptors currently available for the Mac support the headset profile. I'm not sure if this applies to the internal bt support on the new machines, but it may well.
  • Reply 3 of 13
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    BT headphones for my 12" PB would be too cool. Unfortunately it looks like Apple's too far ahead again. No one has 802.11g and no one has BT. I want a BT mouse and headphones!!!!! Hurry up Sony or Logitech or whoever. The "tech journalists" have been jumping up and down about Bluetooth in tech rags for years but I haven't seen a single product with it yet.
  • Reply 4 of 13
    wmfwmf Posts: 1,164member
    Bluetooth doesn't have enough bandwidth for uncompressed CD-quality audio, and using compression would probably make them too complex/expensive.
  • Reply 5 of 13
    okay, so no chance of bluetooth headphones in the near future.

So any recommendations for some good headphones for my laptop? Is it worth it to get nice ones or will I just detect flaws in the mp3s?
  • Reply 6 of 13
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

Originally posted by son of Gib

okay, so no chance of bluetooth headphones in the near future.

So any recommendations for some good headphones for my laptop? Is it worth it to get nice ones or will I just detect flaws in the mp3s?

It depends on how you encode them. I've got some decent headphones (grado sr-60) for my powerbook/ipod and I can't really tell that I'm listening to mp3's. But I'm not an audiophile, so...

btw, I use LAME encoding for the stuff that matters. Supposedly it's better...
  • Reply 7 of 13
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    What do those grado headphones use, RF? What bandwith does that have? Range? Price?
  • Reply 8 of 13
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquatic

What do those grado headphones use, RF? What bandwith does that have? Range? Price?

Sorry, I guess I may have confused this thread. I was just responding to his question about good headphones for a laptop, not wireless headphones. They are ordinary wired headphones.
  • Reply 9 of 13
    mimacmimac Posts: 872member
    These Grados are really nice cans, OR you could look at Sennheiser - really nice sounding cans too.

Wireless IMHO aren't a patch on corded as far as sound quality goes.
  • Reply 10 of 13
    dmgeistdmgeist Posts: 153member
    Okay then check this out---------> Mobile Burn Site
  • Reply 11 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by dmgeist

Okay then check this out---------> Mobile Burn Site

those headsets no for music, those for mobile phones. those dum. Me need music headphones.
  • Reply 12 of 13
    the sennheiser px-200 headphones just became available at amazon today, I'd been looking at them and just went ahead and ordered them. I wanted small headphones i could take with my laptop, and these fold up with german engineering in a little case. they're just like the px-250 but without the noice-cancelling.

Hope these will be a good combination of nice sound and mobility, and maybe they'll help me score with chicks.
  • Reply 13 of 13
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    i'd get teh Bose QuietComfort headphones...just cuz they're COOL!

quality wise...i use aiwa for everything audio that i can...though Sony is supposed to have the best headphones i think