Laci Peterson case...has she and baby been found?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014

From a respected source.

And another one.

And one for my homeys.

(hey, just being fair and balanced...)

Anyway, what do you guys think?

I'm sure it's her. Same area, a woman's body and a baby (with the cord still attached).

Is her husband in Mexico?

Didn't he go near that area on his fishing trip day?

I'm cynical and I'm no longer surprised or shocked by these things: I'll eat my iSub if this husband didn't do this.

By all accounts, he seems to be a real "keep up with the Jones'" kinda guy (lusting after a certain country club membership, running around with the "right crowd", etc.).

Do you think he might've seen his wife and upcoming child as roadblocks to this lifestyle he craved? And, he had a girlfriend. Was cheating on his wife. Not that doing that makes you a killer, but it certainly gives some angles to look into.

And before you think "ah, that's really a stretch, Paul...", remember that girl in Carolina: to "impress a man" and win his affection (he wasn't nuts about dating a single mom, the story went) she pushed her car into a lake with her two young, helpless children inside.

So yes, people DO indeed do horrible, evil things for stupid, unbelievable reasons.

I hope this isn't Ms. Peterson and her child, but the realist in me fears that it is.

I hope they grill this husband for 2 days straight. If he truly didn't do it, they'll figure that out in time. If he DID do it, then whatever they do to him won't be enough.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 18
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

I hope this isn't Ms. Peterson and her child, but the realist in me fears that it is.

I don't want to sound mean or anything (and I feel sorry for the people involved) but I kinda hope it is. At least there will be some sense of conclusion and her family can stop wondering what happened. Yes, its harder to face the facts than live in speculation, but then they can deal with the finality of the situation, recover, move on, and become better people. Enough finger-pointing and speculation already. It's bad ... it happened ... nobody (except one) wanted this to happen. - 4 months!
  • Reply 2 of 18
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    News reports said that the bodies were found two miles from the spot that the husband went fishing at the very same day she went missing. Two miles in four months...I think it's very plausible.

Hmm, sounds to me like he may have thrown something else besides bait into the waters that day.
  • Reply 3 of 18
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by CosmoNut

News reports said that the bodies were found two miles from the spot that the husband went fishing at the very same day she went missing. Two miles in four months...I think it's very plausible.

Hmm, sounds to me like he may have thrown something else besides bait into the waters that day.

And Modesto is nowhere near there (80 miles). There's always an outside chance it may be a coincidence, but eh...Mr. Peterson's in San Diego last I heard...right next to the border...
  • Reply 4 of 18
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    First off, gross.

Second, full term baby but three weeks from due date? Hum?
  • Reply 5 of 18
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Bump...

Heartless bastards, the case turned in a major way today - Friday - and no one even cares? I had to go digging this up from three pages ago (but another 13 Iraq-related threads? Sure, why not...).

Anyway...

Tests confirm the body found is that of Laci and her unborn child. Her husband was arrested in San Diego. I hope the fella burns for this.

That is all.

• Reply 6 of 18
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Come on, pscates, don't you think that was just a little harsh on us here? We just may not have a whole lot to say about the (former) possibility of her and her baby's body being found.

But now it IS them, and the husband has been arrested. Good. I had a *feeling* all along that he did it. Nobody is as cool, collected, and visually undisturbed when talking to the media about your missing wife and unborn child as he was.

It's ultimately very sad, really. \
  • Reply 7 of 18
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    I can unequivocally state that no, I don't care.
  • Reply 8 of 18
    I originally wrote this off as yet another Media Circus Trial. But there are some important things in this case:

1) The double murder charge (see other thread)

2) The fact that most people have crucified Scott before a fair trial. Innocent before....?
  • Reply 9 of 18
    Is there any evidence that Scott Peterson committed the crime?
  • Reply 10 of 18
    Yeah, common sense

The whole "innocent before proven guilty..." thing is really important for juries, lawyers, judges, etc. to go through. I'm not bound by that.

He'll end up confessing before it's all over. Watch.
  • Reply 11 of 18
    Shoot first, ask questions later.

Wonderful.
  • Reply 12 of 18
    Hey, am I in ANY position whatsoever to deny this guy his fair day in court? No.

Am I a lawyer in Modesto? A judge? A potential jury member? No. No. No.

Your goofy "shoot first, ask questions later" comment is just that: goofy. You make some inflammatory, over-the-top dig that has nothing to do with anything (but comes across like a scathing, incisive one-liner) and that IN NO WAY reflects anything I feel or believe.

I'm in no position to railroad the guy or otherwise harm his precious shot at beating the rap. If you weren't so far gone and convinced that everything is a wonkish, procedural junket (and you lived in the real world a bit), you'd realize - along with pretty much anyone else with two eyes, a brain and a heart - that the jig is up for this guy. Why don't YOU fly out to Modesto and give him comfort during this trying time?

He's done NOTHING, since Christmas day, to make himself NOT look guilty as hell, Shawn.

I beg of you: set aside the books and your noble, truthseeking ways and come and join us in our reindeer games...just this once. Feel what its like to be on the reasonable, right side of something for a change. Please?

• Reply 13 of 18
    fangornfangorn Posts: 323member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

First off, gross.

Second, full term baby but three weeks from due date? Hum?

FULL TERM: 37 weeks to 42 weeks. The "due date" is 40 weeks but most babies don't pay any attention to it. If you like, I could find you a link to where babies fall statistically.
  • Reply 14 of 18
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

I'll eat my iSub if this husband didn't do this.

Hungry?

Actually I'm not convinced of anything at this point.
  • Reply 15 of 18
    Me either, so let's hold off on ordering up that meal, how about?

I still think he did it. We'll see.

And no, being found "not guilty" isn't exactly what I'm talking about. The Juice was found "not guilty" too, but anyone with any sense at all knows he got away with murder.

There's "not guilty", then there's - truly - not guilty.
  • Reply 16 of 18
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    Quote:

Lawyers for Scott Peterson say they have found a "mystery woman" who will prove their client did not kill his pregnant wife, Laci, and their unborn child, Fox news reports. This woman, according to Fox sources, can provide details that will lead to the real killers. She is being moved to a hidden location because they fear retaliation against her if her identity is revealed.

wow, bunge quoting a Fox news article.

hell has just frozen over.

• Reply 17 of 18
    billybobskybillybobsky Posts: 1,914member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bunge

Hungry?

Actually I'm not convinced of anything at this point.

its perry masons's daughter, she is going to resurrect him from the dead...
  • Reply 18 of 18
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by alcimedes

wow, bunge quoting a Fox news article.

hell has just frozen over.

That's Vicente Fox, from Mexico.