Keyboard bug

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Since I downloaded the 10.2.5 OS update, I lost the ability to access non-western keyboards as well as the Character Palette.

The Palette does appear in the Input Menu tab of the International Preferences, but not languages such as Arabic. However, non of them appear under the keyboards menu. This is quite annoying. Even the more so since a friend of mine also installed the update but still has his keyboards menu running smoothly.

Can anyone help me please?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    Deleting your Cache:

Deleting your cache may be necessary if you experience any of the following: [list=a][*]you have more than one of the same preference panel in your System Preferences[*]CD's, DVD's and HD's don't mount properly or don't even show up[*]Applications behave strange[*]etc.[/list=a] Delete everything in ~/Library/Caches/, where '~' is your home folder.

Deleting your cache isn't dangerous; it only deletes the cache, ie. things who are stored there so that an application has faster access to it, or because it needs to store some things.

• Reply 2 of 4
    gargoylegargoyle Posts: 660member
    Hmm, I see this cache problem a lot in these forums. Is there any reason not to change my startup scripts to add a command that deletes all the files in ~/Library/Cache at ech bootup ?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    not really, no.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Thanks guys

I tried it and it feels good to know something new about OS X (I put an alias of the Caches folder in my Favorites folder to access it fast to empty it whenever I think this is needed).

Unfortunately, it didn't solve my problem. Sorry to bother you with this stuff, though.

What I found out is that other users in my computer don't have the same problem. So I'll create a new user account to use the computer with non-western languages. The drawback is that my address book, bookmarks and other preferences won't be available when I'll need them.