Can I Upgrade bundled GraphicConverter?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
My PowerBook 12" came with GraphicConverter 5.5.2 or something. How do I upgrade to 4.6? I guess I'll have to "pirate" it? I don't want to but since it's not a paid upgrade I don't see why not, I'd just feel better if there was an official way.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    Wouldn't that be a downgrade? And if it came on your computer, does it have the registration info in a file somewhere (like your Preferences or something) that would let you use another version? I could see if it was a new version, but I'm confused.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    kcmackcmac Posts: 1,051member
    My 12" PB came with version 4.5.2. Haven't tried upgrading it. I did uprgrade the Omni bundled apps with no problem.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    It's only like $35 just fscking pay for it. I spent more on parking last weekend.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    Oh and yes you can upgrade. It's nagware.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Whatever, I paid for it already when I bought my expen$ive PB 12". I just want to know how I can get 4.6.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    Why can't you just download it from the site?
  • Reply 7 of 10
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Because when I do it of course asks me to register. I guess I'll just "pirate" 4.6. Too bad since I have an actual paid for version.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    overhopeoverhope Posts: 1,123member
    Um, I paid for 4.5 and downloaded the 4.6 upgrade, which went straight on top with no problem: there's been no additional fee for the latest update, so your reg should work.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    jaredjared Posts: 639member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquatic

Because when I do it of course asks me to register. I guess I'll just "pirate" 4.6. Too bad since I have an actual paid for version.

Have you thought about e-mailing the developer?
  • Reply 10 of 10
    kcmackcmac Posts: 1,051member
    Graphic Converter recently required a new license for I believe 4.5. Their was a very long journey of free upgrades in front of it.

Graphic converter is one of the best apps that we have. The bundled version you have isn't broken. It is 4.5.2. I don't understand the problem. If you email them, I am sure they will tell you one way or another.

Pirating is so wrong. Especially when you have nearly the latest version available.

When I emailed Omni and asked them if I could upgrade the bundle they said yes, until the 3.0 version came out. Then it would be a paid upgrade. Should I get mad and pirate that version?

(And yes, I paid for an older license for Graphic Converter. I was pleased to get the newer version for free with my PB. I feel they already did me a favor. When I see enough feature additions to make it worth my while, I will gladly pay for it.)