12" Ibook 500 Please mac genius's help! Im desperate.

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I have a 12" white Ibook 500 128 10, My problem is: My HardDrive is erased and I only see a RAM disc Icon. I tried

using the app drivesetup from a tech cd then I initilized a new harddrive, then I tried installing jaguar on the new untitled HardDrive after initialization. The first jaguar installer ran successfully and prompted me to restart my computer- when restarted I see the grey apple and it does not prompt me to install the second cd. Did I not properly configure the New HardDrive before I installed Jaguar or do I need to use one of the other tech applications on the tech cd to configure the HardDrive properly first. If you know anything about this problem please call Dave @ (1347) 267-2812 (NYC) ASAP. If you help me I will send money.

signed,

OS very unhappy

Dave Leonard

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    Did it boot Jag though? You don't need to install the second disc, it's mostly printer drivers and stuff. I'd call to help you out any way I could, but I'm not at home and really can't call long distance. You can IM me at glass in eyes if you wanna try to get ahold of me that way (I always have an away message up, ignore it). Between me and my friend I'm with we may be able to help you.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    IM me in the morning if you still have the problem. I don't see you online right now.. I'll be online after 8 AM your time (probably later), check your PMs.