Your Favorite Font

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I change my favorite font every now and then but i think my newest favorite font is Ghill Sans (i think it may have come with gameranger, maybe not but it uses it by default). As long as you keep it a small size it is a very nice smooth (antialias' well) and rounder types of letters

so this will probably only apply to the REAL hardcore geeks on this board who care about things like this, but what is YOUR favorite font?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 18
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Officina Sans and Trajan, hands down. My two "go to" fonts, depending on the project.
  • Reply 2 of 18
    Is Ghill Sans a typo for Gill Sans ( the font designed by, and named after, the artist--and incestous peadophile--Eric Gill) or is it a real font?
  • Reply 3 of 18
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Quote:

Originally posted by stupider...likeafox

Is Ghill Sans a typo for Gill Sans ( the font designed by, and named after, the artist--and incestous peadophile--Eric Gill) or is it a real font?

Is "peadophile" a typo for pedophile?
  • Reply 4 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by BuonRotto

Is "peadophile" a typo for pedophile?

Actually it's a typo for paedophile, the British spelling of pedophile (which my alleged UK English spellchecker doesn't have for some reason).
  • Reply 5 of 18
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Quote:

Originally posted by stupider...likeafox

heh, its probably Gill, but i was lookin at Phish - Story Of the Ghost at the time, so that may have made me error i'm on my PC now so i'll check later 2night and correct as needed
  • Reply 6 of 18
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
  • Reply 7 of 18
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    i never really liked fonts like that, not the easiest/quickest to read...i mean that would look ugly (i think) to have a a system font or to use during conversation...i would use it basically just for an artistic look in photoshop or something
  • Reply 8 of 18
    kennethkenneth Posts: 832member
  • Reply 9 of 18
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
  • Reply 10 of 18
    Verdana, Helvetica, Myriad, Belphebe, and Bickham Script.

For the operating system, Geneva 10.
  • Reply 11 of 18
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    I like Veranda as well, it's clean and simple, easy to read. Last time there was a "favorite font" thread, though, I said Veranda and someone said something like "eeew!" but they never explained themself... whatever.
  • Reply 12 of 18
    mrmistermrmister Posts: 1,095member
    I'm still into Lucida Grande.
  • Reply 13 of 18
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Veranda = Verdana?

bitmap fonts and screen fonts don't really float my boat. Yeah, some are very well-designed, but they're not that expressive, just getting the job done. They can be nice in my book, not great.

I always gravitate to sans serif fonts, but I love Garamond of course. I like fonts like gill sans or better yet, futura. Actually, marker felt is a recent fun fav of mine, though the "fun" fonts are more of the flavor-of-the-week variety.

So long as no one says Comic Sans MS, it's all good.
  • Reply 14 of 18
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Oh, it's Ver-da-na, not Ver-an-da... didn't even know that until just now
  • Reply 15 of 18
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    I mostly like sans serif fonts, but Garamond is always nice. And I love my Ray Gun and Motorcycle-bat fonts.
  • Reply 16 of 18
    I love the Futura family. The classics never die
  • Reply 17 of 18
    trevormtrevorm Posts: 841member
    I Really love ARIAL. Know its nothing special but just love it!
  • Reply 18 of 18
    fred_ljfred_lj Posts: 607member
    Helvetica Neue Light has become my latest font for any paper I turn in. People in my courses always comment on how clear it looks, while not looking like boring-ole-Helvetica at the same time.

Besides it, Goudy Old Style has always been a great choice for concert programs I've done (in high school) -- I love its italic appearance.

And about ITC Officina -- yes; I loved that font! I don't have it on this powerbook, though.