Brushed Metal CD Cases

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Does anyone know where I can get brushed metal CD cases (like jewel cases only brushed metal)?

They had these in the movie 'Anti-Trust' and were simply the coolest thing EVER. I want to get them but havn't found any companies that carry them...well one had a description of them but was out of business and i didn't see a picture.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    ijerryijerry Posts: 615member
    Are you talking about stuff like these?
  • Reply 2 of 15
    gordygordy Posts: 1,004member
    Those look like the new AOL tins. I've never seen Antitrust, but, surely you're thiniking of something else. Right?
  • Reply 3 of 15
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Quote:

Originally posted by gordy

Those look like the new AOL tins. I've never seen Antitrust, but, surely you're thiniking of something else. Right?

yes i am...i'll take a screen shot if i can (on a PC)
  • Reply 4 of 15
    here u go...

its not the clearest but i tried to get some of the best shots i could...if u could see this in actions you'd be impressed
  • Reply 5 of 15
    gordygordy Posts: 1,004member
    No that's not what ijerry posted. Right, the cases you're looking for look cool, and appear to be hinged. The AOL cases look like flattened Altoids boxes, without the hinge.

Good luck. Post back if you find any.
  • Reply 6 of 15
    i know, don't they look like the most awesome cd cases ever...in the movie he drops it on a concrete floor and it makes the awesomest metal sound ever (haha probably added for effects...i mean its just metal falling but its a beautiful *ping*)

haha i will keep looking i havn't been able to find ANy and i've searched google...is ther any way to get a hold of the people that made the movie do you think?
  • Reply 7 of 15
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    I haven't seen this movie BUT if it was featured as shown in your screen shots then it's what they call a "hero prop" and quite likely was fabricated for the film by a prop-maker. It looks as if it's been professionally machined at a metal shop; I'd be surprised to find out that it's a commercially available product.

You could attempt to look up the propmaster and write to find out where they had it done but don't hold your breath for a response. More than likely the propmaster won't remember who did it for them, there are so many vendors you use from project-to-project.

Looks neat though!
  • Reply 8 of 15
    haha well it was specifically made for the movie, it has the name of the one company engraved on it...but i assumed that SOMEBODY would make these, i mean look how cool it looks!
  • Reply 9 of 15
    trevormtrevorm Posts: 841member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

here u go...

Oh they are totally neat looking. Would be nice to present like a portfolio or CV in one of those. (With like you name etched into it!)

Nice
  • Reply 10 of 15
    haha i know...i am considering making one, i'm sure my shop teacher would help me..though not sure how to make the bushed metal look...just a brush grinder (haha dont know the proper terms)
  • Reply 11 of 15
    got another pic

• Reply 12 of 15
    Oh. I thought you were talking about "brushed metal" like this:
  • Reply 13 of 15
    nope not what i was thinking of

...*sigh* will i never find these?
  • Reply 14 of 15
    jdbon2jdbon2 Posts: 44member
    I've looked for these too. I don't think they exist.
  • Reply 15 of 15
    Quote:

Originally posted by jdbon2

I've looked for these too. I don't think they exist.

yeah that is what i thoght too\

i guess i go to my shop teacher and see if i can make it