A few idea's about an Apple Tablet or "PowerPod"

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
So alot of rumors have been circulating about a possible apple tablet or super-powered iPod. Here are my ideas on the topic

An Apple Tablet could be a network-centric device. Through a combination of bluetooth (to connect to a user's cell phone for internet access), Airport Extreme (when wifi was available) and possibly a built-in cell device (making the unit a complete, out of the box solution, which would provide the smoothest user experience, very important at Apple, and an iPhone at the same time). By choosing this route, the processing power required in such a device would be minimal. By using an agent, like an improved iSync, on your computer, you could set prefrences to remotely login to your computer from an Apple Tablet and the gui elements would be transfered to your tablet but no actual processing is done. Much like how Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection works now. This would make a tablet much cheaper, possibly in the 499-599 price range and would allow it to work well on slower networks, like GPRS. Also, by not having two devices and two hardrives etc, syncing would be alot easier since the Tablet never has its own data, anything you do on the road would be available at home and vice versa. Also, if the cell capability would be built in it would truly be a killer app. Imagine a Netwon sized device that was your phone, computer, pda, mp3 player, all in one. And you dont have to waste time syncing files! Just my $.02, tell me what you think!!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    muahmuah Posts: 165member
    Sheesh! We needed a new topic for this groundbreaking thought?
  • Reply 2 of 4
    although I won't be as harsh as the previous post, you might want to consider reading the other threads on this subject before starting a new one (especially as your first post). nothing said here hasn't been discussed ad nauseum before.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    macgregormacgregor Posts: 1,434member
    ....but welcome, Schraeds74! !
  • Reply 4 of 4
    No, I wouldn't like it to be my phone. Phones are supposed to be small and compact. I want a kinda large screen on the tablet/powerpod.