Jello Biafra

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I have been a DKs fan over the years. But I have never seen Jello speak live. He is in town (KC) tonight. Should I go see him speak? Have you seen his spoken word stuff?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    GO!

I have, obviously, never seen him, but I have come across 2 of his spoken word ceedee sets on usenet. I love them. Truly. The man is (extreme) leftist (so if you aren't, you might wanna think twice, you might end up very irritated), he's well spoken and it's rather amusing/confronting to see him shedding some light on issues that are mostly kept in the dark. I'd go see him if I were you. I'd even go see him if I were me. But hey. That's the Dichotomia Kopfis, and, as such, another issue entirely.

Tell me how it was.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    I think you hould go. I went and saw him About 6 months ago at Fredonia and it was great. I have heard a few of Spoken Word CD's, and live is even better.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    I saw him once at GMU years and years ago. I wonder if he's mellowed Very entertaining. Go.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    I saw the DKs way back when . . . Jello yelling . . "say something intelligent"

Now I'm old, and so is he
  • Reply 5 of 5
    I'd say go as well.

While I don't agree 100% with his politics, he's a pretty dynamic speaker. One of my friends has many recordings of his talks, and I think he's worth checking out.