Please upgrade forum to something like Discourse

Posted:
in Feedback
Unfortunately this forum is very slow/outdated, please consider updating it to something like Discourse which has a lot more features. 

Even on trying to post this it gives me this error: parsererror (SyntaxError: JSON Parse error: Unrecognized token '<')

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    sphericspheric Posts: 2,668member
    I'm not seeing that issue (or any issues, really) on Ventura, iPad, nor iPhone. 

What browser are you using, and are you using any adblockers or other modifying plugins? 
    edited October 2023
  • Reply 2 of 4
    FlappoFlappo Posts: 42unconfirmed, member
    Discourse has a terrible interface 
  • Reply 3 of 4
    mpantonempantone Posts: 2,161member
    I've had an AppleInsider account since 2006.

Over the years I've accessed this site with a wide variety of hardware (Apple and others) running a wide variety of web browsers on various operating systems without any noteworthy performance issues.
    edited November 2023
  • Reply 4 of 4
    jSnivelyjSnively Posts: 433administrator
    Hmm, that error looks like you're getting back some HTML instead of JSON. Not sure why that would happen. Regardless, upgrading the forums is a massive undertaking (we have hundreds of thousands of users and multiple decades worth of posts to preserve) and the ROI on the time it takes is basically negative 😜

That said, we hear ya. It's on the list. The forums are not forgotten. Hopefully sometime in 2024 🤞

muthuk_vanalingam