CRAP! project due, OS X blue-screened, no Drive 10, stores closed for Easter!!

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Oy vey.

I'm totally boned here I do believe...

I'm doing some important mock-ups tonight.

My iBook didn't restart correctly after an intentional reboot.

Found Jag install disc 1 and booted off that.

Ran Disk Utilities.

It said "invalid node structure".

I hit 'repair' and it ran, said everything was fixed.

Verified drive and problem still exists.

I tried booting the iBook into target mode and transferring everything over to my trusty Blue & White via firewire, but when I tried hooking the 'book up to my Dad's iMac the warning dialogue popped up onscreen insisting that a firewire drive had been removed improperly even though I had actually just hooked it up TO the iMac. Needless to say the 'book's HD is acting el loco.

Booting into single-user mode (or whatever it is, the terminal mode) is weird...wouldn't even let me issue the "reboot" command...well, it let me, but it wouldn't do it. I don't know all the fsck commands, but if the b-trees are jumbled I suspect that THAT is the biggest problem....does fsck make those kinds of repairs?

Anyway.

All the stores are closed, from the Atlanta Apple Store down to the CompUSA's and the MicroCenter. It's Easter weekend and I'm totally unsure of their Sunday hours tomorrow.

Is there anything that anyone can suggest to run to help repair the b-tree issues that this drive is experiencing WITHOUT using Micromat's Drive 10 application?

Gah.

And they said I'd never need another disk utility again.....

Anyway, look forward to everyone's help.

Or some whiskey.

Just damn.

Comments