vulgar/violent/disgusting pictures...

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
wassup all...

the situation: recently - while looking at a locked thread "64 Bit - Not all that great" in Future HW; jonathan posted a reply, and a picture of a dead/rotting/bloody/ and or being beaten horse.

not to single out jonathan, cause I've seen sh*t like this around these boards before... however... it was somewhat disturbing to visit a thread about 64 bit processors, and see a rotting horse corpse.

the request: could we stop the posting of pictures that could be offensive or disturbing inline in a thread? I myself am (almost) vegan, and my girlfriend is 100% - perhaps I'm particularly sensitive to seeing dead and mutilated creatures - but I found the picture quite upsetting. so... respectfully - what say you?

-D

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Quote:

Originally posted by grad student

wassup all...

the situation: recently - while looking at a locked thread "64 Bit - Not all that great" in Future HW; jonathan posted a reply, and a picture of a dead/rotting/bloody/ and or being beaten horse.

not to single out jonathan, cause I've seen sh*t like this around these boards before... however... it was somewhat disturbing to visit a thread about 64 bit processors, and see a rotting horse corpse.

the request: could we stop the posting of pictures that could be offensive or disturbing inline in a thread? I myself am (almost) vegan, and my girlfriend is 100% - perhaps I'm particularly sensitive to seeing dead and mutilated creatures - but I found the picture quite upsetting. so... respectfully - what say you?

-D

I say, suck it up, buttercup!
  • Reply 2 of 12
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Flounder

I say, suck it up, buttercup!

I'd say, stay polite, your ass doesn't get into the tumbler then...

grad student: didn't knew you were vegetarian... but I think each should do what he thinks he wants to do.

about the picture: well... it's humor...a little bit harsh, yes. but it was 'beating a dead horse'... linky

I think Jonathan was just mad about another thread on 64-bit processors...

\
  • Reply 3 of 12
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Whoa, I had found that pic when searcing for my dead horse beating pic:

But it was too gruesome.

Jonathan is just more EVAL than me.

• Reply 4 of 12
    he could have taken this:

or this

or this

or this

'nuff said.
  • Reply 5 of 12
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    There you go. That's much better, that horse was pretty disgusting too.
  • Reply 6 of 12
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Those whores Defiant linked are pretty disgusting too... oh wait, that's the same whore in both pics.

heh

• Reply 7 of 12
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Defiant

'nuff said.

beating dead whores?

where is the link to a snuff film when you need one?
  • Reply 8 of 12
    put a behind that, Paul.
  • Reply 9 of 12
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    defiant...that cheap slut looks like she is in a corn field...i have corn fields by my house

..makes you think huh? (not sure to what i allude)

and grad student...yeah i can see how that is harsh for you, and i am sorry that i say this but...i hope that you just have to stomach it (really y not eat meat?

i say this because once u start changing to what offends people you loose alot of freedom and some fun in the process

*NOTE - if i post pictures like that in a thread of mine ever i'll put *ANIMAL PICS* in the title
  • Reply 10 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

defiant...that cheap slut looks like she is in a corn field...i have corn fields by my house

well... the pics were shot there...yes...
  • Reply 11 of 12
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    im not the one who posted the pic in the first place
  • Reply 12 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by Paul

im not the one who posted the pic in the first place

yeah, but you made the reference to the snuff pics and dead whores... \