CompUSA - iPods Not On Display

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I was in San Francisco today and I swung by the CompUSA and upstairs where they have an Apple section, I went towards the back and there were no iPods on display...

Just the empty acrylic cases were they are suppose to be housed for display...

I was unable to flag a sales associate down to ask him whats up but I found it to be a little odd...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    cosmocosmo Posts: 662member
    Maybe they are sold out?

Or maybe they are waiting for new models (fingers crossed)
  • Reply 2 of 7
    jaredjared Posts: 639member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Cosmo

Maybe they are sold out?

Or maybe they are waiting for new models (fingers crossed)

They would not sell the demo units...unless something new was coming out and they were trying to clear inventory...
  • Reply 3 of 7
    stroszekstroszek Posts: 801member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jared

They would not sell the demo units...unless something new was coming out and they were trying to clear inventory...

At the CompUSA near me, the iPods have never been in the Apple section. Instead, they are near the front of the store with the other mp3 players, PDAs, and hand sized gadgets.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    cosmocosmo Posts: 662member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jared

Thats what i meant. I there are new models on the horizon they could have sold the demo units at discounted prices, as there will be new demo units coming in soon.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    What Strozek said...
  • Reply 6 of 7
    messiahmessiah Posts: 1,689member
    Well for what it's worth...

I met a friend of a friend who is an Apple dealer (yeah, yeah I know)... and he commented that iPods are like hen's teeth at the moment.

It was one of these situations where there are four people round a table and two conversations going on, and I was trying to participate in the OTHER conversation whilst listening in to his conversation, so I wasn't able to quiz him further.

Could just be a supply problem of course, or he could have been running of at the mouth!
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by Stroszek

At the CompUSA near me, the iPods have never been in the Apple section. Instead, they are near the front of the store with the other mp3 players, PDAs, and hand sized gadgets.

Yep, that's right. That's where they were on Saturday when I visited CompUSA.

On Target however, they had only a demo unit in kinda bad state. It looked sad. Looks cheap at a Target store! I'm glad they will no longer sell them there. I was trying to get an iPod at a discount, since I heard they were selling the ones left at lower prices. No luck however.