What Features Do You Want: iTunes

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
So, what features do you want in iTunes? Aside from AAC I would really like an option to lock playlists.

I have over 2,000 playlists in iTunes and I would hate if I deleted some of the songs from a playlist by mistake (yes it is a possible goof).

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Hierarchical playlists. Think about it like this:

I've got a cd/mp3 player in my car. It's fairly primitive, just using folders as "albums". So I either have to use toast to burn the folders to a disc or get all of them thrown into an "album" if I use iTunes. If I could have an option to use actual ID3 tags to organize my mp3 CD it would make iTunes a very useful feature. It should at least be an option.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    I'd like to see the LAME encoding engine become built in, but I don't think it will. Right now the LAME package and iTunes script works well, but I think incorporating it right into the program would be much more smooth. I also know that others would like to see more work done to incorporate AAC.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Screw LAME, MP3 is so last decade.

Where is MP4 / MP4 Advanced (what was it's name..it was backwards compatible and had even better quality.)

Apple announced MP4 over a year ago, so why can't I encode MP4 in iTunes and listen to it on my iPod? That's why I bought the iPod. Apple virtually promised to upgrade it to MP4 when they said it would support "future audio formats with it's blah blah software based playback." Their MP4 support is pretty pathetic.

Hierarchical playlists is a TREMENDOUSLY good idea, that's why Audion was so cool. Since Safari has it iTunes probably will too soon.

Other than that I can't think of anything to add to iTunes! Besides supporting more sound formats like SoundApp did and having red music notes for an icon. Come on red would look cool.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    piwozniakpiwozniak Posts: 815member
    1. CD Text, for the love of god, track titles are there already..

2. Plug-in type compression format. Is it there already?

3. Rendezvous.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Don't even know what that stuff means. I think the key thing here is simply MP4 and MP4 advanced or whatever.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member
    less processor hit

better genre editing and customizing

liner notes and album cover instead of visualization

individual eq settings per song instead of one per playlist