Is everything coming together?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Do you think that Apple is just having all these different software and hardware (hopefully more to come) come out so close together at the same time on purpose or its just when they are ready they ship. It seems like they are doing a blitz of releases and loving ever minute of it.

Do you think they are trying to get their market share back up, or they are just pumping working harder and pumping things out faster?

Good for Apple or bad do you think, it's good to get things out but could it cause a long time between releases eventually?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    I'd like to think that the shift away from maintaining OS 9 to working with OS X and using the "advanced" developer tools of OS X allows for more apps to be developed more rapidly.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

I'd like to think that the shift away from maintaining OS 9 to working with OS X and using the "advanced" developer tools of OS X allows for more apps to be developed more rapidly.

haha i'd like to think that too...wonder if its tru, if apple can pump out their quality software quicker it would be a wonderful thing
  • Reply 3 of 4
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    I think it's just a shift from Apple waiting to release a bunch of stuff at a major keynote (like MWNY), to doing it when the product is finished and when all the marketing materials are ready.

It's a good plan, if that's what they're doing.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Quote:

Originally posted by CosmoNut

I think it's just a shift from Apple waiting to release a bunch of stuff at a major keynote (like MWNY), to doing it when the product is finished and when all the marketing materials are ready.

It's a good plan, if that's what they're doing.

it seems that is closer to what they are doing, but who knows...well SPJ knows but other than that, who REALLY knows