Apple Store Redesign!

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Look at apple's online store redesign. Do you like it? Does this mean, or could this mean, future hardware soon? Seems like a good time for a redesign with the new iPod and PowerBooks coming...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    othelloothello Posts: 1,054member
    the images of the hardware are too small, at least in relation to the software boxes...

just my 2p
  • Reply 2 of 8
    othelloothello Posts: 1,054member
    same old design on the UK store.

i hope the new apple music service isn't going to leave non-US users out in the cold (like iPhoto albums, sherlock etc etc)
  • Reply 3 of 8
    clonenodeclonenode Posts: 392member
    The "grid" is gone! The new layout with horizontal sections will allow them to insert new products and new product categories without going against the old 4 section grid (portables home/pro, desktops home/pro).

Of course, the iPod broke that mold when it was introduced but the new site design really solidifies it.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,423member
    Can we at least attempt to put stuff in the proper forum?

There is nothing "Future Hardware" in the Apple Store Redesign.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    yup...

see here

CLICK...

oh... wait...

some of you guys need to take a peek outside of FH... you know there are a whole bunch of other rooms...

AO and GD can be fun!
  • Reply 6 of 8
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    Yea, I would throw up the infamous IB-but I don't want to get in trouble so I'll just point out this has nothing to do with hardware and to please only post about hardware here.

THe store does look good tho.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by othello

the images of the hardware are too small, at least in relation to the software boxes...

just my 2p

Actually, since software has such a low cost (just a few cents a cd plus the paper box) it makes sense to really push Apple's software offerings. High profit items!

PS, The #1 seller from the Apple Store is 10.2 Jaguar. This is saying a lot! I think it's a pretty smart move to feature it out where we can see it better.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    I agree that this discussion does not belong in FH. Where are the mods when you need them?

However, it seems obvious to me that Apple redesigned the online Apple Store in anticipation of its new music service, which will be a combination of services, software and future hardware (i.e. new iPods). So, just to play devil's advocate, this thread is in the right place.

Escher