New Hulk Trailer Out

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
WHOA



Can't wait for this movie to come out. It actually looks pretty cool!



Screw the Matrix man, gimme Hulk.



Comments

  • Reply 1 of 15
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    is that an image in your sig?



  • Reply 2 of 15
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,261member
    You're a Stuff Engineer and you have to ask?







    ha ha



  • Reply 3 of 15
    Enough with those superheores movies.
  • Reply 4 of 15
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    Yeah... I noticed now that you put it in your post...



    At least the trailer's good...
  • Reply 5 of 15
    willoughbywilloughby Posts: 1,457member
    Oh look its Shrek 2: Electric Boogaloo.



    The original Godzilla movies looked more real than this crap.



    Nobody does good comic book conversions anymore.
  • Reply 6 of 15
    jcjc Posts: 342member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Willoughby

    Oh look its Shrek 2: Electric Boogaloo.



    The original Godzilla movies looked more real than this crap.



    Nobody does good comic book conversions anymore.




    Some good comic book conversations



    the first Batman

    X-men

    Spider-man

    Superman 1, but not 2,3 or 4

    _____________________________________



    the grand prize for the all time bad comicbook conversion was..



    the Punisher
  • Reply 7 of 15
    wotanwotan Posts: 106member
    Meh, Im not that impressed. To me it just looks like Generic Action Film #264300. And the hulk looks totally unrealistic. Computer generated graphics are pretty and all but they just dont have the same realism that older methods had. Like in Jurassic Park, I believe that they used a combination of physical models and CGs, and even though it looked a bit funny in some scenes, it was much more believable. This just looks like a cartoon.



    You know what I'd like to see? A comic book movie done in a more realistic, maybe even documentary style, where there super powers are more secondary to the film, and the special affects are minimal. Something like Anne Hall meets X-Men. Sort of.

    Or... no! wait! I've got it! Fantastic Four Dir. By Lars von Trier! yes, thats it! Starring Emily Watson as Invisible Woman! Indeed, that would be The Shit. ®
  • Reply 8 of 15
    dstranathandstranathan Posts: 1,714member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Wotan

    Meh, Im not that impressed. To me it just looks like Generic Action Film #264300. And the hulk looks totally unrealistic.



    Unrealistic? How would a 12 foot tall green mutant Superhero REALLY look like? When you actually see one in real life (sans LSD) to compare it to, let me know, OK? Did the actual comic character look "realistic" to you? I mean really, it's a movie. He's a Superhero. He's freaking HUGE. He throws A1 tanks like toys and jumps like Godzilla. He's the Hulk.



    - "'Nuff Said." Ben Grimm
  • Reply 9 of 15
    dstranathandstranathan Posts: 1,714member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Wotan

    You know what I'd like to see? A comic book movie done in a more realistic, maybe even documentary style, where there super powers are more secondary to the film, and the special affects are minimal. Something like Anne Hall meets X-Men. Sort of.

    Or... no! wait! I've got it! Fantastic Four Dir. By Lars von Trier! yes, thats it! Starring Emily Watson as Invisible Woman! Indeed, that would be The Shit. ®




    Agreed. A darker, deeper story with real actors. I love it.
  • Reply 10 of 15
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,261member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by dstranathan

    Unrealistic? How would a 12 foot tall green mutant Superhero REALLY look like? When you actually see one in real life (sans LSD) to compare it to, let me know, OK? Did the actual comic character look "realistic" to you? I mean really, it's a movie. He's a Superhero. He's freaking HUGE. He throws A1 tanks like toys and jumps like Godzilla. He's the Hulk.



    - "'Nuff Said." Ben Grimm




    Exactly. Thank you.



  • Reply 11 of 15
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    It has Jennifer Connelly...Who cares what it looks like? Eric Bana is cool too, for an Aussie lad.



    Con: Nick Nolte.
  • Reply 12 of 15
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,261member
    Actually it looks like he plays a bit of an old drunk... perfect casting job.
  • Reply 13 of 15
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Eugene

    It has Jennifer Connelly...Who cares what it looks like?



    total agreement.
  • Reply 14 of 15
    I don't know.



    I'm not familiar with the comic book.



    But what I liked most about the TV Show "Hulk" was the monster's human side. I believe Lou Ferrigno portrayed The Hulk as a gentle giant who was really more human than monster.



    I'm worried that Eric Bana might not be good for the role. Although I do think he might be when he says things like "I like it." The trailer really shows him to be subordinate to both The Hulk and Jennifer Connelly.



    And Jennifer Connelly is hot, but I hope the whole movie is not banal remarks like "I think the rage is triggering the transformation." I don't think the audience needs to be spoon-fed common knowledge like that.



    I'm hopeful though. Crossing my fingers for a good movie.
  • Reply 15 of 15
    jcjc Posts: 342member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by dstranathan

    Agreed. A darker, deeper story with real actors. I love it.



    Yeah that would be a great flick, but it wouldn't be the hulk

    HULK SMASH!! he is green and he breaks stuff! he breaks a lot of stuff. this film will be effects front to back

    or it would not be the HULK.

    It will not have a subversive and subtle sub plot. It will not have a lot of scenes where people sit around a table and discuss the the meaning of life. If it did it may be cool but it would not be the Hulk.



    I can not believe that so many people who saw the movie Twister complain that the plot was predictable. What did they expect a murder mystery?



    And the last Godzilla movie could have been the largest money making film of all time if it only had Godzilla in the movie instead of a Lizard. Every other Godzilla film in history made of money except for that one.



    The goal in msking a film like the Hulk should be to make it look real and be faithful to the origional comic.



    The hulk weighs one ton, his hands are bigger than his own head, he is about 11 or 12 feet tall and he is bright green. How real is this going to get. My only critisizem is that he could have been a shade of green that is less bright than he was in the comic. This I feel would have added a lot of realism.



    I just hope that he moves real. His facial expressions and abillity to "act" will be what will make or break this film. all i know is my apple stock has gone up.
Sign In or Register to comment.