OCR from Omni with Canon LiDe 50

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Day 6 with my new maxed 12" (including JBL speakers- which are good/great, powermate - handy is not the word!, and a very nice looking Canon Lide 50 scanner, which has yet to be used!)

Until now (apart from running a bit hot which I'm hoping 10.2.5 will fix once I have my ADSL and airport extreme up and running.) the only issue I have had is getting OS X to recognise the OCR software that was bundled with the scanner. what's up !!?

This is a real pain, because it is a function I really would like to be able to use, and it will save me buckets of typing.

Does any one know how I can get OS X to recognise it?

The nice people at Canon said (using slightly more words, ie unless you have OS9) "Tough"

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    Quote:

Originally posted by i-ox

Day 6 with my new maxed 12" (including JBL speakers- which are good/great, powermate - handy is not the word!, and a very nice looking Canon Lide 50 scanner, which has yet to be used!)

Until now (apart from running a bit hot which I'm hoping 10.2.5 will fix once I have my ADSL and airport extreme up and running.) the only issue I have had is getting OS X to recognise the OCR software that was bundled with the scanner. what's up !!?

This is a real pain, because it is a function I really would like to be able to use, and it will save me buckets of typing.

Does any one know how I can get OS X to recognise it?

The nice people at Canon said (using slightly more words, ie unless you have OS9) "Tough"

I don't think there is. Driving me nuts.