Gold iBook G4...says macbidouille

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Evidenty Tony Hawk has the inside track here ...

its on http://www.macbidouille.com/

but the translated text is here :

Thank you in Kurt for information

While going on APPLE Blind and by looking at the details of the play Tony Hawk' S Pro Skater 4, one can read this:

System Requirements:

Tony Hawk' S Pro Skater 4 preliminary system requirements (subject to changes):

Mac OS X 10.1.2 gold later

Power Mac G4, iMac G4, eMac, PowerBook G4, gold iBook G4

733MHz G4 processor gold faster

256MB of RAM

Drive 700MB hardware space

3d Graphics Acceleration required (minimum of ATI Radeon gold NVIDIA GeForce 2 series card)

32 MB of video memory (VRAM)

This is most probably a shell, more especially as the iBooks have been just updated.

Well, I am not sure how good Gold will look, but a iBook G4 will have to be atleast 733 now. I don't think that would get too in the way as far as market lines.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 60
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    Well, notice the 10.1.2 was gold also? That doesn't indicate color, it could indicate status, maybe they tested it on a gold 'test machine' iBook G4.
  • Reply 2 of 60
    splodesplode Posts: 13member
    Ummm...

Try replacing "gold" with "or".

Cuz that's the french word for gold. If the frogs used the english of the requirements, and then that english was translated as if it were french...

splode
  • Reply 3 of 60
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    ....UGH....

Get those brains into gear guys and gals... it's just a translation screw-up!

Everywhere you see GOLD replace the word with "OR"

D

edit.... I was this close to being the first to post that... =)
  • Reply 4 of 60
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by eddively

Evidenty Tony Hawk has the inside track here ...

its on http://www.macbidouille.com/

but the translated text is here :

Thank you in Kurt for information

While going on APPLE Blind and by looking at the details of the play Tony Hawk' S Pro Skater 4, one can read this:

System Requirements:

This is most probably a shell, more especially as the iBooks have been just updated.

Your translator traduce coquille by shell. It's a good traduction in general but not in this case (and no translators will ever be able to work for this kind of word, where you have to understand the sentance to make a correct translation). Coquille means mistake.

So they said it must be a typo, more especially as the i books have been just updated.
  • Reply 5 of 60
    stoostoo Posts: 1,490member
    I was just wondering whether a Gold iBook would look cool or terrible. I suppose if it was subtle it would look like a 12" PowerBook under yellow lighting.
  • Reply 6 of 60
    Yes, obviously not gold.

But still >= 733 G4s in iBooks soon eh? Guess that shouldn't be suprising if the PM go 970 as soon as apears to be possible.

But where exactly does this info come from? What is "APPLE Blind"? Are those system requirements publically available?

[Edit, ah, or just a typo]
  • Reply 7 of 60
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DaveGee

....UGH....

Get those brains into gear guys and gals... it's just a translation screw-up!

Everywhere you see GOLD replace the word with "OR"

D

edit.... I was this close to being the first to post that... =)

confirmed, one more silly translation.
  • Reply 8 of 60
    scott2scott2 Posts: 39member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Transcendental Octothorpe

Yes, obviously not gold.

But still >= 733 G4s in iBooks soon eh? Guess that shouldn't be suprising if the PM go 970 as soon as apears to be possible.

But where exactly does this info come from? What is "APPLE Blind"? Are those system requirements publically available?

[Edit, ah, or just a typo]

Another English translation of English: "Apple Store" was left untranslated on the French site, as proper nouns typically are.

Returning to the gold, perhaps SJ has that Midas touch after all! Gotta get him to sign my MDD.
  • Reply 9 of 60
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    I doubt the iBook would get a 733 MHz G4. They won't reduce the speed. In an update or two, they'll get probably up to a 1 GHz G4.
  • Reply 10 of 60
    kim kap solkim kap sol Posts: 2,987member
    en antes del bloqueo
  • Reply 11 of 60
    gsfmarkgsfmark Posts: 210member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kim kap sol

en antes del bloqueo

alright... looks like a genuine loophole to me, and I second the sentiment!
  • Reply 12 of 60
    stoostoo Posts: 1,490member
    In case you were wondering what it would look like if it did exist, I give you the gold iBook! (Note cunning use of the colourise filter )

• Reply 13 of 60
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Ha, this is a funny thread. I saw the word "gold" in relation to the iBook. Then looked above and saw it used with 10.1.2 and then it hit me (from doing crosswords) that "oro" is Spanish for gold. I figured the French word might not be that far off.

Come to find out, that's exactly the case here.

HOWEVER, it STILL says "G4 iBook", so...

Yay!

Today's update was so minor and low-key that, who knows, there could be a G4 iBook out by this autumn or so? That would be cool.
  • Reply 14 of 60
    LOL! I still can't believe how stupid this rumor is...
  • Reply 15 of 60
    I'm waiting for the diamond encrusted iBook myself
  • Reply 16 of 60
    sc_marktsc_markt Posts: 1,402member
    This thread got me thinking about the performance deltas between the processors that go into the iBooks and powermacs. When the 970 comes out and assuming the iBooks get the G4, then the performance delta is going to be much much bigger than what it is now between the G4 and G3.

I wonder if this is could hurt iBook sales?

Too bad the Motorola G5 isn't here. I'd love to see it for high end macs and the ppc 970 used for imacs and ibooks.
  • Reply 17 of 60
    whoamiwhoami Posts: 301member
    Retrograde....

you want the bling bling book eh?
  • Reply 18 of 60
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    The "iBook G4" is probably like the "eMac G3" I saw once while surfing around: A typo, or a brain fart, but not an actual product.

If you ask me, this is a red herring. Even if you don't ask me, it's a red herring.
  • Reply 19 of 60
    odedhodedh Posts: 53member
    Apple has corrected the mistake on the Page all "Gold" were changed to "or" but it still say's a G4 iBook, and it's not a missprint since the requierments are 733 G4, but they could be talking about the 12" PowerBook

System Requirements:

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 preliminary system requirements (subject to change):

Mac OS X 10.1.2 or later

Power Mac G4, iMac G4, eMac, PowerBook G4, or iBook G4

733MHz G4 processor or faster

256MB of RAM

700MB hard drive space

3D Graphics Acceleration required (minimum of ATI Radeon or NVIDIA GeForce 2 series card)

32 MB of video memory (VRAM)
  • Reply 20 of 60
    Quote:

Originally posted by whoami

Retrograde....

you want the bling bling book eh?

Got me Bling! Bling! book...

Now, where's me iJulie?