IMovie hang up

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
After countless hours, 24 great minutes of audio, video and photos for my son's wedding DVD is now hung up in IMovie 3.02.

And I haven't had a chance to burn the DVD yet....

Can anyone help? Once the IMovie plays, I get the dreaded pinwheel at which point the whole program locks and only Force Quit works. I'm running 10.2.5.

I've tried eliminating recent changes but nothing seems to make IMovie work again. AGHHHHH!!!!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    standard procedure:

1) delete the preferences of iMovie, called com.apple.iMovie3.plist, located in ~/Library/Preferences/ where ~ is your home folder.

2) Deleting your Cache:

Deleting your cache may be necessary if you experience any of the following: [list=a][*]you have more than one of the same preference panel in your System Preferences[*]CD's, DVD's and HD's don't mount properly or don't even show up[*]Applications behave strange[*]etc.[/list=a] Delete everything in ~/Library/Caches/, where '~' is your home folder.

Deleting your cache isn't dangerous; it only deletes the cache, ie. things who are stored there so that an application has faster access to it, or because it needs to store some things.

3) Restart and try again.

HTH
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Thanks Defiant...I did as you suggested, but no luck...

Called Apple and they're stumped too. Checked the hard drive, etc....When I export the project to a Quicktime movie and rename it, then try to import it again I get an error message "The file could not be imported (-40). Any ideas ???