Mail.app Display Options

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I was working on a webpage at school, and I e-mailed the .html file to myself to continue working on it here at home.

I opened it in Mail.app and, to my dismay, there was no attached file. Instead it had rendered the not-quite-finished html in the body of the message. But I hadn't typed any text into the body section. So, I had to get the mail directly off of the IMAP server.

Is there anyway to have Mail.app NOT do that? I just want it to allow me to download the attachments.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    You could have created a .sit. Have you checked the webmail version on Mac.com, Maybe that way you can download it.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    The thing is, I don't have a .Mac account. I use the school's free e-mail account. (I'm poor. I even use dial-up at home because it's free.)

Even worse, I was using a Windows 2000 computer at school. I don't know how to make a .sit file in Windows. (I didn't even think it could be done. Can it?)

Thanks for the idea, though. Any other ideas?
  • Reply 3 of 6
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    From what my friend told me (a PC user) there is a PC version of Stuffit. What email are you using? Does that have a webmail version?
  • Reply 4 of 6
    overhopeoverhope Posts: 1,123member
    Do it as a zip file on the PC and get the latest Stuffit Expander on your Mac, which can expand zip archives.

All free!
  • Reply 5 of 6
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Er, menu item View -> Show -> Raw Source (Cmd-opt-U)

You can then select the text and save to a file.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Thanks Kickaha, that did the trick.