MPlayer OS X _-_ 2.0b3

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
MPlayer OS X is a port of the best Divx player for Linux. It has just recieved a MAJOR update. Many features were added and many were improved. There's only one thing I'm dissapointed with.

"Multimedia player with playlist, supporting playback of all widely used media types (MPEG 1-4, DivX, AVI, ASF, Ogg Vorbis, REALMEDIA, QuickTime Movie, MPEG layer 1-3, AC3, WindowsMediaAudio etc.) and movie subtitles of various formats (MicroDVD Player, Subrip, etc.). It is based on MPlayer - movie player for linux."

If you look closely at the above product description quote RealMedia is capitalized. It says it supports RMs yet just now when I tried to play one it wouldn't play at all. Yeah, we have RealOnePlayer for OS X... but MPlayer has a playlist and it can queue up files that are in that playlist. If there's a way I can do that in RealPlayer let me know. My question is:: If MPlayer OS X 2.0b3 can indeed play RMs how do you get it to actually play? I can add it to the playlist just fine.... but it won't play.

All help if any is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    And there's finally a TIMELINE. This is better than VLC now.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquatic

And there's finally a TIMELINE. This is better than VLC now.

HELL FREAKIN YEA!! VLC has gotten better.... but its nothing compared to MPLAYER!! WHOO!!

heheh
  • Reply 3 of 4
    can any1 help me with the original topic of the topic? lol
  • Reply 4 of 4
    chychchych Posts: 860member
    Geez, the way it full screens still annoys me. It needs to do that like VLC or quicktime instead of switching resolutions like that.