There's one in every neighborhood..or maybe not..

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Holy Cow Batman

This article speaks about this kid who plainly is being taught and tolerated to act like a thief and a thug. He attempted to rob a video store with a toy gun. The gun looked real because the fake orange plastic that would show it wasn't real had been ripped off by the child. (Can you imagine if the kid had been shot?)

The kid cursed the cops out and the mom has come by the video store since his arrest and twice threatened the employees.

I know we had some crazy families in my neighborhood growing up. (I know because we were the crazy family) However this is just ridiculous.

Nick

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    This should be an interesting - and funny - thread when the usual suspects arrive to hold forth. Can't wait.

7 years old? A little hardcase, huh? I bet he's a handful already...imagine puberty.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Sad to say,

This sort of behaviour is becoming increasingly evident in many countries, not just the USA.

Many countries encourage children to know their rights ( which is a good thing ) but rarely educate re : issues of culpability & responsibility from an early age.

In the final wash up, is it a case of pursuing personal " Rights " over the accompanying " Resposibilities ?\
  • Reply 3 of 5
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    It's a case of some little kid being a dipshit, but that's just my expert opinion
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by iBrowse

It's a case of some little kid being a dipshit, but that's just my expert opinion

i'd say it's more of a case that his parent(s) are dipshits. the sad truth is that more than likely, this kid is just showing us an early glimps of what his future holds.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Looks like one for DCFS.