iTunes help

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I transferred all my songs from my PC (on which I used musicmatch) to my mac which i now use itunes, but my problem is, they dont stay in their folders that i organized them into by artist when i transfer them over and i need to know how i can have iTunes look up all my song names and organize them into artist folders for me if that is possible because it was possible on MusicMatch Plus on the PC I wouldnt expect any less from iTunes.

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Logan

I transferred all my songs from my PC (on which I used musicmatch) to my mac which i now use itunes, but my problem is, they dont stay in their folders that i organized them into by artist when i transfer them over and i need to know how i can have iTunes look up all my song names and organize them into artist folders for me if that is possible because it was possible on MusicMatch Plus on the PC I wouldnt expect any less from iTunes.

Thanks

First off, punctuation is your friend. The first time you ran itUnes, it should have asked you whether you wanted iTunes to manage your music library or whether you wanted to do it yourself. If you want iTunes to do that now, look under the Advanced menu and I think you'll find an option to considate the iTunes library. That should copy all your songs into the iTunes music library folder with sub-folders sorted by artist name and then album. To have iTunes always place imported songs in the iTunes library folder, go to your iTunes preferences and the Advanced pane, choose the Music folder as your default file location.

I'm doing this from memory, I hope it accurate...
  • Reply 2 of 3
    loganlogan Posts: 284member
    Hmm, I consolodated my library, and it said it would move all my songs to one folder. (PERIOD) But it didnt give me an option to organize all my songs nor did it do it for me...

im desperate i have a ton of songs i dont want to organize them myself it would take hours!
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Posting duplicate threads across multiple forums is considered bad forum etiquette. Next time, please pick the forum you believe to be most appropriate and post there once.

Continue in the thread you created in the genius bar here:

organizing songs in iTunes

*lock*