Mail.app to get better (ever)

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I forced myself to use Mail.app a little while ago. I decided to give it a go. I previously gave it a go and really hated it. Now I am back and am liking it a little more, but I feel it has a long way to go. I really miss the feek that Entourage had, the way you could colour your messages without using rules and also, rules in Mail.app dont seem to work at all for me, well they do sort of but they dont move my messages to folders (I run 4 accounts with heaps of stuff happening each day)

Can we expect any great changes or is this as good as it gets? \

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    I think that you can expect a major update with Panther.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    netromacnetromac Posts: 863member
    No! This is it
  • Reply 3 of 5
    trevormtrevorm Posts: 841member
    Quote:

Originally posted by NETROMac

No! This is it

Yes thought very much so! Almost silly of me to think there could *possibly* be room for improvement!
  • Reply 4 of 5
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    Mail's Junk Filter was working great up until a couple days ago when almost EVERYTHING started getting thrown in the Junk folder.

Other than that, I think the biggest annoyance is having the signature default to the very bottom of the page, when my message is at the top and the previous qoute underneath. I have to cut and paste the sig into the right place everytime.

Entourage was a bit snappier response-wise, did the signature right (so it can't be that hard!) and kept the attachments separate from the body of the message. If Apple could get these three things going for mail, the program would be perfect.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    overhopeoverhope Posts: 1,123member
    I guess the Mail development team did their apprenticeship in Usenet, where top-posting is usually frowned upon.

Don't they teach netiquette in school these days?