PC Real Time Stratagy

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I am looking to buy a new 'favorite' RTS game for my PC.

My favorites (all time) in order are....

Red Alert (the first one)

Total Annihilation (sp?)

Starcraft

Warcraft 2

Plain old C & C.

(I may have forgotten some....)

Question is, I have seen many new ones out. Which is the best folks? I like the looks of C&C Generals, but can anyone give me more info?

Is there better stuff out there? (lists of games and your reviews would be great)

PS, If this is GD, please feel free to move it.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    bump. Um.. does nobody play these games?
  • Reply 2 of 14
    rampancyrampancy Posts: 363member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Not Unlike Myself

bump. Um.. does nobody play these games?

I keep hearing a ton of of things about Homeworld...it's one of the most successul on the PC, or at least, that's the impression I've gotten. If there's any game I'd want to see come to the Mac, it's that.
  • Reply 3 of 14
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    As a side note, did Total Annihilation ever get ported to X?
  • Reply 4 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by bunge

As a side note, did Total Annihilation ever get ported to X?

I just looked. Nope, but it will run in classic. ::grr::
  • Reply 5 of 14
    loganlogan Posts: 284member
    WarCraft III is a pretty interesting game. Give it a try.
  • Reply 6 of 14
    I had nothing but bad luck running the mac version of Total Annihilation. I remember having lots of issues with it. It's such a damn good game though. I mean it is absolutely excellent. I highly recommend it.
  • Reply 7 of 14
    spiffsterspiffster Posts: 327member
    Age of Empires 2 is a pretty cool game. It's not my favorite though, cuz most games are just a matter of who can get the most units.

My personal favorite is Warcraft III. Its a nice mix between Diablo II and Warcraft. The hero characters add a very nice twist to you're run of the mill RTS.
  • Reply 8 of 14
    myahmacmyahmac Posts: 222member
    A new sweet game coming soo is going to be savage. ITS a new breed of RTS. the Call it A RTSFPS. basically you are in charge of a tribe. you gather resources, defend your tribe, and guide it into the dominate tribe. but here is the kicker, your wariors are other people. you can play either as the warrior in an fps. or you can be the leader of the tribe like an rts. very sweet game.
  • Reply 9 of 14
    I just picked up Total Annihilation Gold (for $10 including shipping) and have persuaded my wife to get me Command and Conquer Generals for fathers day.

YEAH!
  • Reply 10 of 14
    TA arrived today. I am setting it up on my Lombardo (since home-y (my G4) don't play classic)

I also can't seem to find the patch which I had found online earlier. Anyone else have it?
  • Reply 11 of 14
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Not Unlike Myself

I just picked up Total Annihilation Gold (for $10 including shipping)

Where?

And as a side note, I never had any trouble running it when I booted into 9. Never tried classic though, but if I could get it for $10 I would.
  • Reply 12 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by bunge

Where?

Ebay my son. I PMed a seller (of one of the cheap copies) and asked for an off ebay deal. He said 'yo' and I said 'yo' and bam, instant deal. (GOD I love the internet)
  • Reply 13 of 14
    mattyjmattyj Posts: 898member
    Total Annihlation Is a Great Game, also if you want a unit pack for it, head to the Total Annihlation Power Pack
  • Reply 14 of 14
    Does anybody have the UberHack for Mac? I found those patches I was looking for btw.