apple shares - price low enough for a buyout?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
the price of apple shares has been falling down the last days - do anyone of you think that apple is a candidate for beeing bought by another company? what do you think in general about the apple shares? any chances for investment in aapl?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    Share price has nothing to do with a buyout, no matter how low they are.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Krassy

the price of apple shares has been falling down the last days - do anyone of you think that apple is a candidate for beeing bought by another company? what do you think in general about the apple shares? any chances for investment in aapl?

No...from what I hear Apple Stockpile of cash prevents an easy buyout amongst other things.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    krassykrassy Posts: 595member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

Share price has nothing to do with a buyout, no matter how low they are.

i'm in fact new in those things - i always thought that the marcet cap of a company is a valid number for others who are interested in buying that company... ? anyway - do you think that this is the right time to buy? or could the marcet cap of currently (i think) around 4.8 Billion be worse? my understanding of things is that apple has over 4.5 Billion cash... why is the marcet cap just 0.3billion about it?
  • Reply 4 of 5
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    krassy, beats me! (about the market cap). So are the ways of the stock market. If it made sense, all investors would be rich.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    airslufairsluf Posts: 1,861member