Apple Site Design: Swtich became Music

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Anybody else notice that "Switch" has moved to be a subtab of the main Apple tab, whereas it's spot is now stolen by Music. Guess this means the whole 'switch' think is going by way of Think Different....

Just curious if anybody else wanted to ring in on this change.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 20
    david rdavid r Posts: 135member
    And the way the green tab blends (or doesn't blend) with the bar below it hurts my eyes.
  • Reply 2 of 20
    johnhenryjohnhenry Posts: 152member
    I don't know about you guys, but i cant select anything in the store...

It keeps saying "could not access request"....maybe the are jammed up...uh oh

Er...music store that is...
  • Reply 3 of 20
    yea no worky fo me either
  • Reply 4 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ti Fighter

yea no worky fo me either

Works fine for me.
  • Reply 5 of 20
    serranoserrano Posts: 1,806member
    Me either. Homepage works, but none of the links that aren't on the front page do; even those are wonky.
  • Reply 6 of 20
    hobbeshobbes Posts: 1,252member
    I can't even get to the Store home page.

Guess I'll try again later, when 3.5 million people aren't trying to get in at the same exact time.

• Reply 7 of 20
    salmonstksalmonstk Posts: 568member
    I have sympathy for ther mass numbers trying to access. But this will be bad for publicity on the first day.
  • Reply 8 of 20
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Nothing new, this happens with everything they post to the website when they announce it. Mac users should be used to the Apple site basically being /.ed for any such occasion.
  • Reply 9 of 20
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Did anyone else note that Logic and emagic both have sublinks under Music?

Sure, on a certain level they have something to do with music, but... somehow I don't think that's the extent of it.

Anyway, just something to think about.
  • Reply 10 of 20
    ...and that's not all. The way they've incorporated WebCore into iTunes 4 is probably a hint of future dealings with .Mac HomePage in iPhoto, and who knows what else.
  • Reply 11 of 20
    hobbeshobbes Posts: 1,252member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BuonRotto

...and that's not all. The way they've incorporated WebCore into iTunes 4 is probably a hint of future dealings with .Mac HomePage in iPhoto, and who knows what else.

I was wondering if iTunes 4 was using WebCore for the Music Store. It seemed zippy enough. And that 23.7MB has come from somewhere.

Pretty neat, though I hope Apple doesn't overuse it.
  • Reply 12 of 20
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    if u click on the store, they didn't update the 'switch' tab to 'music' haha

but oddly enough if u click on the store, and the 'switch' tab which should now be 'music' the swticher page has the new 'music' tab

got it?
  • Reply 13 of 20
    overhopeoverhope Posts: 1,123member
    "Okay, you don't want to buy our hardware? Well, buy some music from us instead".

That'll get market share up.
  • Reply 14 of 20
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

but oddly enough if u click on the store, and the 'switch' tab which should now be 'music' the swticher page has the new 'music' tab

got it?

They didn't update many(if any) of the other tabs yet.
  • Reply 15 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by CubeDude

They didn't update many(if any) of the other tabs yet.

i've noticed that
  • Reply 16 of 20
    Quote:

got it?

I noticed this. When clicking on some tabs it is still "Switch" but from others it's "Music".... creepy. (or a whoops)
  • Reply 17 of 20
    apple normally isn't so careless i didn't think\
  • Reply 18 of 20
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    They just need to change the tab back to "Digital Hub" like it used to be long ago. That way they could incorporate music, photos, video, DVDs, etc. all in to one section instead of having a rotating company emphasis.
  • Reply 19 of 20
    dstranathandstranathan Posts: 1,717member
    Quote:

Originally posted by CosmoNut

They just need to change the tab back to "Digital Hub" like it used to be long ago. That way they could incorporate music, photos, video, DVDs, etc. all in to one section instead of having a rotating company emphasis.

OT, I'm in KC too CosmoNut!
  • Reply 20 of 20
    Quote:

apple normally isn't so careless i didn't think\

This is common when they rearrange the site, actually. I've seen this sort of thing plenty of times before. They just haven't gotten to everything yet.