.Mac retail box...

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
hi,

does any one know how .Mac retail box work? normally it costs $99 for one year subscription for .Mac service. i have mine till this coming sept. but now, i have an opportunity to buy a .mac service, in retail box, for only $30. so i wonder whether i could use it to continue my current subscrption or not. also one catch here is that the retailer, selling this sw to me, is in process of bankrupt and totally exits the mac business. i think within one week or so, they will be gone.

so if i get it and wait till sept to use it to subscribe my next year service, is it ok? or the retail box is only for new user? etc...

thanks ahead for any tips.

cheers,

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    My retail box is out in the storage shed but I think the retail box has a CD and an activation key code that you type in when registering your membership. The key code is what is important. If you already have a membership, I don't know if it will help you or not. I believe the retail box version is for new users. Call Apple and ask.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:

Originally posted by EdinLA43

My retail box is out in the storage shed but I think the retail box has a CD and an activation key code that you type in when registering your membership. The key code is what is important. If you already have a membership, I don't know if it will help you or not. I believe the retail box version is for new users. Call Apple and ask.

i have post the similiar request to apple and its support site. not yet get anything from them.

i think you are right that the retail box is only for new users.

thank you very much for sharing the information