iTunes 4 "Sound Enhancer" decreases volume

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I don't think it did this in 3, but in 4 it decreases the volume here and there for a moment. Really weird. Anyone else notice this? It doesn't do it without the filter so it is the sound enhancer. It is subtle but noticeable.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    amaroneamarone Posts: 75member
    I noticed it too and I hate it! Thoght about reinstalling iT-3. On my Ti it's very annoying because the music enhancer worked well on the small speakers - till now. Well, seems that I have to live without music enhancer...

What do you think? Will Apple fix it?
  • Reply 2 of 4
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Hope so! Makes my shitty Apple speakers that came with the CDROM drive in 93 sound way better. After using Sound Enhancer for ever, I can't go back to listening to them regularly. Also remember that "3D audio" the Apple Audio CD Player in OS 9 used to have? Does sound enhancer use that? And I think that should be a system wide option like most PCs have.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    A lot of people on the Apple support forum were talking about this.

I had noticed something similar with iTunes 3 but it only became apparent when the volume was very low.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    i have a cold that settled in my ear so i wasn't really sure, at least now i know i'm not going crazy, but i definitely noticed it.