Unable to find a new "AppearanceLib--UseThemeFont"

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Please don't laugh but unable to print . Unable to open Epson Print Monitor 3. Error message: suggestion to install a newer version of "AppearanceLib--UseThemeFont". Unable to do. Can't find this "SKYHOOK" anywhere (after much searching to date).

Using 9.2.2 OS on a Power Mac G3/233 with 384MB RAM; Epson Stylus Photo 700. Nothing out of the ordinary when asking to print a Word document. Spooling took place and then the Print Monitor did not appear as would have been usual.

Remedies tried: reinstalled the print driver from its CD. Reinstalled the OS from its download folder. Then re-downloaded the OS from Apple and reininstalled. Went to the Upgrader folder to locate this unknown "Skyhook". Removed the print tasks in the queue from the Epson Extension subfile, Spool5. Recabled the printer. Tested the Pram battery for adequate juice. When removing the

"InstallAppeareanceLib" Extension (done on an intuitive lark), the printer started to work if seeking the PrinitMonitor, that I also placed in the Apple Menu(as a desperation tactic), and clicking the highlited print job. This worked for three brief print tasks but the Monitor still could not be opened without the error message. And now no more printing after it spools. Have no idea what to do.

Where can a new "SkyHook" be purchased to reinstall? What is being done wrong? Please Help, Mac Geniuses.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    hypatiahypatia Posts: 15member
    OK my Epson Dramas have always been due to corrupt driver files.

Run the uninstaller, then do a finder search on any Epson related name you can think of and Trash anything you can find to do with the printer Driver etc. Check the extensions manager too. Then run the Installer again. If that doesn't work, phone Epson. I am in the UK but the Epson support people here are great even though I am well out of warrenty so the same is probably true in any other country.

Good luck