The Aromatech's "Cube" PC

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
http://aromatech.com/

Yeah, its kinda cool. Totally ripped, er I mean "inspired" by Apple (look at the handle, the clear parts, the pics of it next to the HK speakers, Hell, its a CUBE even), but what really cracks me up is that after all the hard work and design they put into it, they still cramed in a freakin' FLOPPY disk! I mean, really, when are we gonna kill the floppy and move on with our lives. Stick a fork in it already! Geez! Who is pushing around data in 1.44 MB chunks still?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    There have been compact "Shuttle" cases made for PCs for a long time now. That's not a ripoff of the Cube. And if you recall, the Cube didn't have a handle. It also had a top-loading drive along with ports on the bottom.

Seeing floppies on computers that are obviously supposed to look elegant is pretty funny though... why not make the floppy drive nice and streamlined looking? Instead of having the ugly light and button and everything just sticking out like that, why not incorporate some bezels to minimize the look? They could make the floppy drive look just like a slot-loading CD drive (less wide, of course) and it wouldn't look that bad.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    keyboardf12keyboardf12 Posts: 1,379member
    i'm acutally going to buy one of these since i have to build a PC soon. I saw them at Frys and the funny thing is that i too thought. As ugly as it is, this is the closet thing i will get to "style" on a pc

i just need to find out if the ati radeon card i want to buy for it will fit.

(the only reason why i'll buy the floppy is my NT4.0 install uses floppies and cdrom and i need 4.0 for testing.)

the one i am buying has see thru sides. OOOOOOOOOhhh cutting edge design....

PC makers crack me up...