30 GB iPod for $432.95 shipped - 5/1/2003 only

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Call Dell Home at 800-915-3355. The SKU is A0110244 and it's listed at $526. It's not yet on the website so you can't order it online. Dell has an instant 10% off discount on it in addition to a $45 off $350 purchase coupon (code: AA6363649171). Your total should come to $432.95 with their standard shipping option. There shouldn't be sales tax for most customers.

Both special offers expire at the end of 5/1/2003 CT.

EDIT: details added

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    jpp1cdjpp1cd Posts: 135member
    If it is 10% off and 45 off it should be more like

- 49.99 (10%)

Total = 405 plus shipping (10 at the most)

Is there tax on this too or something? Is this from small business or home cause if it is home then there won't be tax.
  • Reply 2 of 15
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Sorry, I forgot...it's listed at $526 before the coupons.
  • Reply 3 of 15
    Why would they list it at 526? What a scam. They give 10% discount to knock it down to regular price. That's a joke and a half. Nevermind I see that it is Home.
  • Reply 4 of 15
    Quote:

Originally posted by jpp1cd

Why would they list it at 526? What a scam. They give 10% discount to knock it down to regular price. That's a joke and a half. Nevermind I see that it is Home.

It's still better than the Apple Edu pricing. The $526 is probably a pricing mistake, and these Dell deals come often so the $405 price you calculated may become valid in the coming weeks.
  • Reply 5 of 15
    Oh I know. I am waiting to get the 15GB iPod from Dell when I can make a nice deal. I am constantly getting 10-15% coupons for Dell Small Business and Home that would make this even sweeter because a lot of times the coupons are stackable.
  • Reply 6 of 15
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Just tried dealing with Dell and I have to say it is a very unpleasant experience. Called several times to try and get an iPod and I couldn't.

One guy told me they didn't sell iPods.

Another told me they wouldn't order me one because they're backstocked 3 weeks (even though the product hasn't been released.)

Another told me that SKU didn't work. When pressured, he admitted it was the iPod but wouldn't sell it to me but offered me the 20 GB model at a discount.

This was all before I even started mentioning discounts.

EDIT: Where is that 10% discount located? I see a 15% for anything purchased online, but this SKU isn't online as of yet. I feel like with enough persistence I'll find someone at Dell dumb enough to sell me this thing.
  • Reply 7 of 15
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    If Dell ends up putting the SKU up online sometime this weekend, then it looks like there's an auto 20% off items at Dell Small Business Software and Peripherals.
  • Reply 8 of 15
    producerproducer Posts: 283member
    on their website for the 20 gig ipod (only one currently listed)

"Usually Ships: 3+ Weeks"

oh well i was planning on buying on from dell but I want it as soon as possible...
  • Reply 9 of 15
    I got the one for $404 including everything..

Try calling Teressa at x47122

She was very helpful. If you can ask her to Pricematch to Apple.com and she most likely will. That is what she did for me.
  • Reply 10 of 15
    mbezzombezzo Posts: 77member
    Well jpp, you were lucky. They would either price match or do 10 percent off for me, not both. It's still a deal no matter what though. 428 + 11 for 2 day shipping.

Thanks for the heads up Eugene! Oh, and how on earth did you get the sku for it? Do you know somebody or something?

Matt
  • Reply 11 of 15
    They have stopped taking orders from what I understand now. They suspended the 30gb iPod. Someone posted that the 15gb should be in their system in the next 2 hours though so that might be worth it. Dell Small Business currently has 20% off software and peripherals so you can go that route as well. This is stackable with a 5% off coupon that a lot of people get in their emails. The only catch about Small Business is you have to pay tax.
  • Reply 12 of 15
    Quote:

Originally posted by mbezzo

Thanks for the heads up Eugene! Oh, and how on earth did you get the sku for it? Do you know somebody or something?

I just called in on a hunch...
  • Reply 13 of 15
    producerproducer Posts: 283member
    Are you sure your 30 gigger will ship out on friday? This would be great if it did..
  • Reply 14 of 15
    Quote:

Originally posted by Producer

Are you sure your 30 gigger will ship out on friday? This would be great if it did..

Mine's scheduled to ship 5/5 with a 5/8-5/12 delivery estimate.
  • Reply 15 of 15
    mbezzombezzo Posts: 77member
    They told me mine was to ship on the 9th.