eMac update soon?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
It was reported by ThinkSecret on April 15 that they were going to hit 1 GHz any time now... a check of the Apple Store today shows shipping time on the combo drive model at 3-5 days, and the SuperDrive at 5-7 days. The SuperDrive had been listed as "same day" for some time.

Times are also extended at the Canadian Apple Store.

Waiting to possibly grab one for work here soon... a 1 GHz G4 and a Combo Drive for $999 sounds decent.

I think this beast still has some legs if they give it some juice and keep the price nice and low. Maybe we'll see another stealth rollout on Tuesday.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Looks like my prediction about Murbot getting a new machine will turn true
  • Reply 2 of 17
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Sorry, if I get this it'll be for work bro, the iMac will live to see another month at the murbot household. Whodathunkit?

• Reply 3 of 17
    dstranathandstranathan Posts: 1,717member
    I have been askin' about the eMac revs for months. What's the deal? My company needs some e's for interns.
  • Reply 4 of 17
    jobjob Posts: 420member
    Mmmmmm...

1Ghz, Combo, for $999 sounds good to me.

However, I want DDR SDRAM and a faster (read: 133Mhz) bus. Maybe in the topend Superdrive equipped model..
  • Reply 5 of 17
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    As much as I appreciate your need. I hate seeing more G4's announced. I hope Apple just quietly updates the page overnight, or something because AFAIAC the G4 is over. (I HOPE)

All Hail the 970!!!!!!
  • Reply 6 of 17
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Quote:

Originally posted by onlooker

As much as I appreciate your need. I hate seeing more G4's announced. I hope Apple just quietly updates the page overnight, or something because AFAIAC the G4 is over. (I HOPE)

All Hail the 970!!!!!!

G4 will still be in the consumer machines for a least a year......or maybe transferring to the GOBI?
  • Reply 7 of 17
    s.metcalfs.metcalf Posts: 972member
    Quote:

What's the deal? My company needs some e's for interns.

What kind of company is that may I ask???
  • Reply 8 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by Leonis

Looks like my prediction about Murbot getting a new machine will turn true

... and I predict the sun WILL come up tomorrow!

ooooh, aaaahhhh!

• Reply 9 of 17
    Does anyone think the eMacs will get DDR SDRAM and Airport Extreme?
  • Reply 10 of 17
    dhagan4755dhagan4755 Posts: 2,152member
    I think with the Apple Online Store showing a 5-7 day wait for the eMac, there's a very good liklihood of its revision this coming week. Think Secret has reported new eMacs were coming. Go to that site for their details as to what they think will happen with the eMac.
  • Reply 11 of 17
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    I'd like to get my Dad an eMac. If that Think Secret story is correct, I could probably swing getting him the new, low-end model. He only surfs, e-mails and writes currently, as far as computers go.

But I bet he'd dig iTunes to no end and probably make serious use of the online music store!

He'd also get Photoshop Elements and play around too.

He's currently using some Toshiba laptop with Windows ME, no Ethernet, a broken CD, 120MB RAM, a 10GB hard drive, dial-up connection, etc.

The man needs to be Switched! And soon, bless his heart.

• Reply 12 of 17
    jwdawsojwdawso Posts: 389member
    Apple Store now show eMac shipping at 30 days! Tomorrow must be the day!
  • Reply 13 of 17
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jwdawso

Oooh, what keen eyes you have. 30-day delivery seems almost exagerated so as to make an even clearer point. MacRumors' front page is expecting eMacs "as early as tomorrow" as well.

Of course, with PPC 970 PowerMacs hitting the street two months from now, you'll be able to buy G4 PowerMacs at eMac prices pretty soon.

Escher
  • Reply 14 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by Escher

Of course, with PPC 970 PowerMacs hitting the street two months from now, you'll be able to buy G4 PowerMacs at eMac prices pretty soon.

Let's not jump the gun too soon.

I'm looking forward to picking up an updated eMac in the immediate future. 1Ghz for $999. Hell yeah. Even better if it has a faster bus and DDR SDRAM.

However, what happens if the 970 release results in another Yikes situation, or worse, with the low and mid-range towers retaining the G4 and the top-end equipped with the 970? No need to answer this question here. There are numerous 970 threads already.
  • Reply 15 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by jwdawso

Hot damn.

I'm going to be getting one with my next paycheck.
  • Reply 16 of 17
    locomotivelocomotive Posts: 80member
    The second third of 2003 will now be known as the

YEAR of the eMAC

Ah, there's still some hope for Apple...
  • Reply 17 of 17
    bodhibodhi Posts: 1,424member
    It happened...now Current Hardware and this thread can go away. Cheers!