12" PowerBook + Sony 23" LCD == Joy

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Holly crap. This rocks.

My boss's wife, who will be working here soon, got a 23" Sony monitor to use. Due to staffing changes and lack of space I'm forced into his office to share. Now he gets antsy and unboxes the 23" and hooks it up to my dell. It fscking sucks because it can't push enough pixels to use the full 23".

Enter the PowerBook 12". Hook it up to input 2, configure the display for spanning at 1920x1200 boom it works. Sure it's running over VGA but you think I'm going to stop using it in protest. FSCK NO! The boss was impressed but not blown away.

The input 1, 2 button is the best part. 1== Crappy windows box I have to use. 2 == powerbook overflow joy. I would never buy and Apple display after using this one. Too inflexible.

Thought I'd share my joy.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Yeah I know the SONY one is more flexible for input...Before Apple dropped the price on the HD I was totally against Apple......but now.....Getting an Apple + ADC switch box is still cheaper than the SONY

Of course if SONY drop their 23" to the same level of the Apple's I will again be pro-SONY
  • Reply 2 of 7
    fauxcasterfauxcaster Posts: 23member
    What kind of mount is on the back of the Sony 23"? I'm looking to add a large LCD but it needs to be arm mounted so it can come over my 18x12 Wacom tablet.

If anyone can figure out how to arm-mount and ACD, let me know.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    cliveclive Posts: 720member
    Quote:

Originally posted by FauxCaster

If anyone can figure out how to arm-mount and ACD, let me know.

The LaCie 1600*1200 (20" I think) has an arm mount - in the box from new. And it rotates landscape/portrait (though I believe this works with Windows and MacOS 9, but not X).
  • Reply 4 of 7
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    No arm, sorry. I would call it a poll mount.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member
    how about a leg mount?
  • Reply 6 of 7
    mbezzombezzo Posts: 77member
    Faux,

Check out MacMice, they have several options for mounting Apple's displays.

Matt
  • Reply 7 of 7
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Enter the PowerBook 12". Hook it up to input 2, configure the display for spanning at 1920x1200 boom it works.

Scott: That sounds absolutely awesome. Is there any change you could post a picture(s) of the 12-inch PowerBook with 23" Sony LCD? That is sure to be the most outrageous setup ever posted on AI (except maybe for that guy in Florida who has early access to Apple hardware and has a couple of ACD's hooked up to his PowerMacs and PowerBooks).

Escher