Anyone else experience skipping w/ITMS songs you've bought?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I bought all of Nine Inch Nail's "The Downward Spiral" to make up for the copy I lost several years ago. The download went flawlessly, and I went ahead listening to the album. But when I got to the last track, "Hurt," it skipped for a second right around the 40 second mark.

I told Apple customer service, and they promptly told me that I could download another copy of the song next time I signed on, which I did.

The new one skips too. Same spot as the old one.

On a lark, I play the preview of the song off the music store. The sample includes the portion of the song that skips, and, wouldn't you know it, it skips in the sample, too.

Finally, I downloaded an mp3 of the song off the net. It was a 160 kbps bit rate. The file played fine, with no skipping.

I just sent another letter to Apple. Anyone else have a similar experience?

And anyone willing to cough up 99 cents to see if just this particular song has a problem?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    slotracer152slotracer152 Posts: 207member
    http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...threadid=24027

check that thread...it talks about it...basically, the first time you complain they tell you to DL it again...the second time, they actually do something about it.

I had a problem with the last two tracks of Broken (98 and 99)...they came in as one of the many blank tracks on the CD

we are still waiting to see what happens with the second complaint