DARK SIDE OF THE MOON.......a Tribute...

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    netromacnetromac Posts: 863member
    Quote:

Originally posted by aquafire

By the way ..for me Wish you were here is My ultimate PF favourite..

Shine On is the best Floyd song ever IMHO.
  • Reply 22 of 26
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by NETROMac

Don't ask me to pick between Shine on you crazy diamond & Wish you were here...

Both speak to me as relevantly as they ever did.

And the other thing Pink excelled in was their selecting Hignosis to generate their cover images & designs...

Apparently different countries got different covers & postcards inside the sleeve......

And all of this done with stock standard cameras, and some air brushing....No Photoshop...let alone computers ...impressive.

8)
  • Reply 23 of 26
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    Quote:

Originally posted by drewprops

Anybody that calls Pink Floyd music "Hippie Music" doesn't understand what a Hippie was/is. Pink Floyd's music has been called Space Rock by some but that gets it wrong too. Floyd's a genre-busting band.

i think pf is best described as acid rock, because ...well to finish that sentence would be admitting to a crime .
  • Reply 24 of 26
    enaena Posts: 667member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pfflam

Just to add a few more adjectives: "Heroic' which to me is a form a KITSCHiness in its monumental attitude towards its own self importance . . . . meaning, for those who have difficulty 'understanding' me: its pretentious and takes itself entirely too seriously

it mistakes gravity for meaningfullness, and depression for profundity

. . . gimme the TRogs or early PF or Jimmi over that fake intelligence any day

If you watch the interviews on _Live at Pompeii _ they do sound a bit prematurely apocalyptic.
  • Reply 25 of 26
    1337_5l4xx0r1337_5l4xx0r Posts: 1,558member
    Quote:

ROTFL. That like 9 songs in one! I esp. like part one, the chilly minimal gilmour guitar solo and organ.
  • Reply 26 of 26
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Yep,

Try listening to it through headphones while standing on top of a cliff staring down @ huge waves curling into shore..all alone with only the eagles soaring in the sky...

Truly awesome........