AAC encoding slower than MP3

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 22
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mac Write

I don't care about your RIPP speed (well unless you have to re-encode 500 CD's), but when you complain a CD is going to take8 minutes vs. 6 minutes to encode, that's nor a big deal, since AAC is a more complrex codec.

and as for being on a Beige G3, I am desperate for a new Mac, but don't have the resources due to being on permentent disability pention.

Oh and sorry Murbot, I didn't read it was you making hte laid post, or I would have reponded differnely (since your married).

I don't think this is necessary. He started a thread with an observation that AAC encoding is slower than mp3 encoding. Sure it was his observation, but if he had just said "Confirmed: AAC encoding is slower than mp3 encoding" someone would have asked for some number. So he provided them. You need to get your panties unstuck and realize that he was just pointing out something he noticed. Have you noticed the same or are you going to post evidence to the contrary or are you going to continue crapping on this thread? Loosen up a little. Jeez.

Anyway, to be on topic, I haven't noticed a great difference in encoding speed between aac and mp3. I've found that there's a lot of variability in encoding between cds though. Not sure what that's about...
  • Reply 22 of 22
    loganlogan Posts: 284member
    Yeah really Mac Write shut up, you are incredibly annoying and dont bring your "disability" into this, this is a rumor/observation site dont come on here and be a god damn dick.