My iBook, new iPod and Apple Service

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
First of all go easy on me as I will strictly be on my PC the next 5 to 7 days.

Some of you know I had my iBook in the shop as the logic board failed 9 months into my ownership of it.

I was rather distressed at the question of Apple reliability. I got my iBook and it was scratched up badly and not alligned correctly in an area. I was rather upset the folks at Apple botched up my once flawless iBook.

Today I went to the Apple Store in my area to ask some questions about some problems I had since my last OSX update to 10.2.5. I got part of the problems solved.

I saw in person the new iPods and Wow I can only say I retract some of my comments about the new one looking less artistic than the prior release. In person the device is simply more than amazing. The 10 and 15 gig versions are extremely slim!!!!

Talking to the genius and the manager on duty at the store I expressed the problem I had with the cosmetic issues from my last apple repair on my iBook. The apple employees took great care of me with this. I have sent it back in for cosmetic repairs at no cost to me.

I was very pleased that I was taken care of and in the way they took care of me. I asked if I could have a poster given out on the friday new iPod sale event. I was given one.

When I get my iBook back I am going to purchase the 15 gig new iPod and let them know the service I received led to my loyal continued purchases with apple.

Great customer service makes all the difference and I wish to express my complete satisfaction with the treatment at the Plano Texas Apple Store.

I wanted to let you all know I have a much better feel for Apple at this point.

I hope my iBook comes back in good condition and if so I am very happy with Apple for doing their best to take care of me.

Fellowship

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    wasnt the first thing we all told you to do was to take it into the apple store and see what they say?

Sounds like a happy ending
  • Reply 2 of 10
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    You're easily influenced, aren't you? ... *cough*
  • Reply 3 of 10
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

You're easily influenced, aren't you? ... *cough*

I just admire when the right things are done.

I am rather disapointed when they are not.

Nothing big.

Fellows
  • Reply 4 of 10
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    Glad to hear some of the iBook issues are being looked into/taken care of, and have fun w/the new iPod when you get it!
  • Reply 5 of 10
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    in my experience.

phone support=shit

apple store support=amazing
  • Reply 6 of 10
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    Quote:

Originally posted by FellowshipChurch iBook

I wanted to let you all know I have a much better feel for Apple at this point.

Fellowship: Glad to hear you're happy again. Here's a word of advice from a fellow iBook owner. If you want to continue to enjoy the great service you just experienced, purchase AppleCare before your 1-year warranty expires. If you buy a new iPod, I think the AppleCare for your iBook will cover the iPod as well.

I didn't buy AppleCare for my iBook. When it broke after 15 months of intense use, I got great fast service but had to pay for the repair ($300 instead of the $250 that AppleCare would have cost). Never again will I buy a laptop without an extended service warranty (speak a 'Book w/out AppleCare).

Escher
  • Reply 7 of 10
    overhopeoverhope Posts: 1,123member
    Word of the day: fickle
  • Reply 8 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by Escher

Fellowship: Glad to hear you're happy again. Here's a word of advice from a fellow iBook owner. If you want to continue to enjoy the great service you just experienced, purchase AppleCare before your 1-year warranty expires. If you buy a new iPod, I think the AppleCare for your iBook will cover the iPod as well.

I didn't buy AppleCare for my iBook. When it broke after 15 months of intense use, I got great fast service but had to pay for the repair ($300 instead of the $250 that AppleCare would have cost). Never again will I buy a laptop without an extended service warranty (speak a 'Book w/out AppleCare).

Escher

Yes I bought applecare the first moment after I got the iBook back after the first repairs. Thanks for your ideas.

Fellowship
  • Reply 9 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by alcimedes

in my experience.

phone support=shit

Indeed my findings as well.

Fellowship
  • Reply 10 of 10
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    Quote:

Originally posted by alcimedes

phone support=shit

My exprience reflects the same. I've never even bothered with phone support. I've been lucky enough to be able to walk into my local bricks-and-mortar Apple Store (or Mac-only reseller that is even closer), get them to confirm the diagnosis in the flesh and in real time, and box up my system for shipment. The process where you call Apple, they send you a box, you have to call for pickup, etc. is way too complicated unless you have no other choice (e.g. live far from Apple retail civilization).

Escher