Hilary Clinton or Hilary Rodham ?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
If she stands for election, would she be better off campaigning under the Clinton surname or under Rodham ?

Six of one..half a dozen of the other......appease the feminists in one camp..rouse the ire of traditional voters on the other....?

I don't think Hilary Rodham Clinton would work

so what should she choose?

\

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    How about "Oh God please no"
  • Reply 2 of 15
    It's a ridiculous question.

Her name is Hillary Rodham Clinton.

Voters know her as Hillary Rodham Clinton.

She has no problem with Hillary Rodham Clinton.

And PLEASE RUN by the way!
  • Reply 3 of 15
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Yes, please run...back to the rock she came from!

But seriously, everyone knows her as Hillary Rodham Clinton, so I'd imagine she'd use it. She has for years, right? I think the types that might be offended by such a think probably aren't voting Democratic anyway, right? What does she care?

• Reply 4 of 15
    ^

Does anyone else think Chelsea is hot? I don't mean her frizzy-haired college days. I mean her make-over Oxford Days.

Maybe it's just me. *shrugs shoulders*

On second thought, I KNOW IT'S JUST ME...

eeewwwwwww
  • Reply 5 of 15
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    oh my god. just in case i wasn't sure if you were nuts or not.....

at least Bush has hot daughters.

(in that trailor trash kind of way)
  • Reply 6 of 15
    Personally I prefer Karenna Gore, nevermind her dubious role in the Warning Label PMRC music censorship disaster of the 80's....

......BUT LAUREN BUSH IS HOT!

(President Bush's supermodel niece... the one whose file was hacked into by a rival college.......)
  • Reply 7 of 15
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Does the last name really make a big difference to people when they vote? They already know her regardless of whichever surname she would choose. And why wouldn't her full name H.R.C. not fly? Too many syll-AH-bles?
  • Reply 8 of 15
    ^All I have to say is

LAUREN BUSH!
  • Reply 9 of 15
    tulkastulkas Posts: 3,757member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ShawnPatrickJoyce

^

Does anyone else think Chelsea is hot? I don't mean her frizzy-haired college days. I mean her make-over Oxford Days.

Maybe it's just me. *shrugs shoulders*

On second thought, I KNOW IT'S JUST ME...

eeewwwwwww

She looks like Alfred E. Neuman from MAD Magazine.

I remember when her father was running for office and first elected. The running joke on all the TV comedy shows was her similarity to Alfred. Someone, Clinton himself I think, chastised the media about it and said it was ok to go after him, but leave his daughter alone. Comments on her appearance dried up almost immediately.
  • Reply 10 of 15
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    All I can say is Jeb's daughter down in Florida is one drugged out crack head. I hope she makes it.
  • Reply 11 of 15
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by aquafire

If she stands for election, would she be better off campaigning under the Clinton surname or under Rodham ?

Six of one..half a dozen of the other......appease the feminists in one camp..rouse the ire of traditional voters on the other....?

I don't think Hilary Rodham Clinton would work

so what should she choose?

\

OK Ok....Trailer trash Vs Alfred E Neuman..not really where I wanted this thread to go Sigh....!

I was thinking more above the belt line as to whether the name " CLINTON " would be a liability or an asset in her running for Democract Nomination for El-Presidente......Viva.....Muchachos !
  • Reply 12 of 15
    Quote:

Originally posted by Tulkas

She looks like Alfred E. Neuman from MAD Magazine.

I remember when her father was running for office and first elected. The running joke on all the TV comedy shows was her similarity to Alfred. Someone, Clinton himself I think, chastised the media about it and said it was ok to go after him, but leave his daughter alone. Comments on her appearance dried up almost immediately.

Bah...

I said after her frizzy haired college days.
  • Reply 13 of 15
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    i don't like hillary at all. it really, really bothers me that she walked into this great state and declared herself a senator (why did so many "new yorkers" vote for her? argh). i really hope she doesn't run, win, or have anything politically good happen to her; unless she leaves the state and makes her way up the political ladder from somewhere she is familiar with. so, i'm in favor of either name that will work against her. but honestly, i think she'd likely run under rodham clinton. i always used to think of her as 'hillary clinton', and i'm used to h. r. c. now, and i think she'd stay with whatever the public recognizes her as.
  • Reply 14 of 15
    Quote:

Originally posted by thuh Freak

i don't like hillary at all. it really, really bothers me that she walked into this great state and declared herself a senator (why did so many "new yorkers" vote for her? argh). i really hope she doesn't run, win, or have anything politically good happen to her; unless she leaves the state and makes her way up the political ladder from somewhere she is familiar with. so, i'm in favor of either name that will work against her. but honestly, i think she'd likely run under rodham clinton. i always used to think of her as 'hillary clinton', and i'm used to h. r. c. now, and i think she'd stay with whatever the public recognizes her as.

...Because she's been such a horrible senator for new york...

Where do you people draw up these objections!?

"I don't like Hillary because of my aversion to blondes"

Who cares?
  • Reply 15 of 15
    fangornfangorn Posts: 323member
    Regardless of how little I care for the woman, I think if she did anything it would be as "Hillary Rodham Clinton" because name recognition is everything in politics.