iTMS: 1 million songs in a week.

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 33
    Quote:

Originally posted by torifile

Well, the results look positive. And the stock is actually going UP on this news. Wow.

link

Good stuff.

And here's some interesting things to mull over.

If iTMS ultimately expands to take in all "developed" economies - which invariably means those that already have an online Apple Store - and includes the Windows universe, do these figures not ultimately indicate that it is possible for iTMS to attract something like $1.5 billion a year in sales, split $450M US, $450M Pacific Rim, $600M EU.

After all, these figures mean you would be targeting around $30M a week globally which is hardly unreasonable so long as the catalog keeps expanding and you keep bring on new customers. Bear in mind that a system with 4% marketshare has managed to bring in nearly $1M in one week. Multiply it by an order of magnitude to take in Windows users, thats $10M, bring in the EU and PacRim, that's $30M.

If you make approximately 12.5% net profit from the whole operation, you make $175M which could translate to adding around $4.5 billion to Apple's market cap using a P/E of 25, thus creating a business with a market cap of around $10 billion. If you add in the latent demand that might be satisfied by the release of a new generation of 9xx-powered Macs, you may see Apple trading with a market cap of around $12-15 billion, which would bring Apple's share price back to the good old days of around $40.

Now all of this is only interesting if you either a) use it aggressively to develop new products and services or b) use it to defend yourself against unwanted advances.

So the big question is: What would you do if you were CEO of Apple and suddenly had a share price with which you could do some serious damage, and a cash mountain growing by $300 million a year?
  • Reply 22 of 33
    screedscreed Posts: 1,077member
    Quote:

I really hope Canada gets the service before Europe does. We're the ****ing neighboring country for Christsake. We're subject to the same North American standards and regulations.

Must - fight - urge - to make - "Coalition of the Willing" jokes...

Screed
  • Reply 23 of 33
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

Fuzzy math.

fuzzy as in how, i am pretty sure i covered my bases saying about the album sales...
  • Reply 24 of 33
    pesipesi Posts: 424member
    i think this number will actually be increasing in the weeks ahead, not decreasing.

think about it... one million iTunes4 downloads. not all of them purchased anything. most likely only about 10-20 percent.

people will generally wait before they jump into anything new. with the big news about 1million in one week, the rest will start to think, "well, i guess it's pretty safe to try this out then..."
  • Reply 25 of 33
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

.34 x 990,000 = 336,600.

care to explain i'm ont seeing it, it is completely possible i'm wrong i just dont see it
  • Reply 26 of 33
    pesipesi Posts: 424member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

care to explain i'm ont seeing it, it is completely possible i'm wrong i just dont see it

if you can't see it, try looking at Calculator.app
  • Reply 27 of 33
    eh i did both on a PC...haha and i'm using an online calc now but here is a copy and past of what i put in

990000*.34 = 336600

so..

990,000 * .34 = 336,600

wtf...i must be missing somethign i'll go use my mac or my 83+
  • Reply 28 of 33
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

eh i did both on a PC...haha and i'm using an online calc now but here is a copy and past of what i put in

990000*.34 = 336600

so..

990,000 * .34 = 336,600

wtf...i must be missing somethign i'll go use my mac or my 83+

This is what you put in your first post:

Notice the difference?
  • Reply 29 of 33
    Quote:

This is what you put in your first post:

Notice the difference?

oh ok...well sorry i didn't notice that...guess i somehow managed to hit the 9 instead of the 6...since they are sooo far away
  • Reply 30 of 33
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

oh ok...well sorry i didn't notice that...guess i somehow managed to hit the 9 instead of the 6...since they are sooo far away

You'd think with all the typing practice you get here, you'd be better about typos.
  • Reply 31 of 33
    Quote:

You'd think with all the typing practice you get here, you'd be better about typos.

you WOULD think that...

haha...well even god makes mistakes...o wait he is infalible...how about jesus...shit he is good to...even the best of us make mistakes