can somebody make a suggestion to iTMS for me...

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
i am on a pc all day...but i had an idea for the apple music store and i thought that (if others think it is a good idea) it might be helpful if apple sees a few people asking for it instead of just one guy with the unfortunate name of thegelding....

the iTMS should add a " FOUND AT iTunes Music Store ONLY" section:

this section would include:

A) Exclusive tracks (like they offer now)

B) Pre-release singles and songs (like they plan to offer soon)--i see this as a great seller for apple and the studios

and ......(my favorite)

C) Out of Print Music---this could be a great boon for apple and the studios (and the musicians)...Great for the studios because they will make money on tracks and albums not out and at no real cost to the studio...Great for apple as they can sell cds of music that can not easily be found anywhere else (legally)...great for musicians and great for consumers....instead of hunting ebay and used record stores, people would easily hunt iTMS and listen to clips to make sure it is the right recording...

i know they have to keep the current stuff up to date...but having some out of print stuff (and slowly growing it) could be a great drawing point to the service...and would offer apple one more advantage over other services and stores (the pitch could be--"You won't find these at any retail store, at any other internet music service--No only at Apple because only Apple really loves Music)....think of it this way.....i can go to best buy and pick up that Ataris cd for my kids (and often for about 10 bucks)....i can't find the first three Comsat Angels cd's anywhere except occasionally on ebay and then they go for 100 bucks....nothing against ebay, but apple could stream me it for 9.99 and everyone is happy...

g

i know that the only time i used napster was to find out of print stuff...

Comments