Need advice about a partition on disk

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I may have done a small partitions error, and I'm not sure what to do. I need advices.

Several months ago, I made four partitions on my 60 GB hard drive :

1- Main OS X partition of about 10 GB.

2-Second OS X partition for experimentations. 10 GB.

3-Documents partition of 20 GB.

4-Applications partition of 20 GB.

My second partition (#2) appears to be useless, finally. It's now a 10 GB of useless unused space. I want to allocate this space to my main partition, but I'm not sure if it's possible without destroying the stuff on the main partition. I may have choosed a wrong partition strategy, 6 months ago by making four partitions. I should have done three partitions of 20 GB each, in place. What do you suggest ?

I guess I already know the response : to erase all disk, remake new partitions and reinstall everything from CDs. What a pain in the butt.

Maybe there's a way to use the second partition without this drastic procedure. Should I transfer my home directory to this partition, and how can I do it ?

Actually, my iTunes directory alone is taking too much space with all the MP3 in it. Is there a way to tell iTunes to use the second partition to stores MP3 (or any other partition) ?

Thanks.

OUPS! Sorry guys, this is the wrong thread. I should have posted this in the OS X thread. Moderators, can you transfer this ? thank you !