>130,000 new iPods sold

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
from apple's own hotnews



"Apple also reported that over one million copies of iTunes 4 have been downloaded, and that it has received orders for over 110,000 new third-generation iPods since their introduction a week ago, with music lovers snapping up more than 20,000 of them from stores in the U.S. this weekend. "







i didn't see this posted anywhere else and think this is almost just as important as the 1,000,000 songs beign downloaded from apple...i mean what was it they only sold 700,000 ipods before the new release...and they sold over 1/7 in the first wk of the new ones?!

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 11
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Where'd you get 130K sold? Apple shipped 110K while selling 20K in stores. You're misinterpreting the press release.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    jlljll Posts: 2,709member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Eugene

    Where'd you get 130K sold? Apple shipped 110K while selling 20K in stores. You're misinterpreting the press release.



    Apple didn't ship 110,000. Apple received 110,000 orders and 20,000 of them is in the hands of the buyers already.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by JLL

    Apple didn't ship 110,000. Apple received 110,000 orders and 20,000 of them is in the hands of the buyers already.



    see this is what i thought
  • Reply 4 of 11
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by JLL

    Apple didn't ship 110,000. Apple received 110,000 orders and 20,000 of them is in the hands of the buyers already.



    20,000 were sold...correct, but the question is how many of the 110,000 orders are to distributors and retailers, and not direct to customers. Notice it wasn't the 'Apple Store' that had 110,000 orders or 20,000 sold, but just Apple.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Eugene

    20,000 were sold...correct, but the question is how many of the 110,000 orders are to distributors and retailers, and not direct to customers. Notice it wasn't the 'Apple Store' that had 110,000 orders or 20,000 sold, but just Apple.



    ok i see ur point...still a large amount of orders were from other places then the apple stores (not online) so once they are bought apple still gets the money correct, even if they rn't sold?





    but i understand what you are saying, and u can see how i was confused, i thought it woudl have differentiated if it was just sales to distributors
  • Reply 6 of 11
    banchobancho Posts: 1,517member
    110, 001 now. That bastard Steve Jobs convinced me to get a 30GB one. Sonuvabitch...



  • Reply 7 of 11
    jlljll Posts: 2,709member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by ast3r3x

    see this is what i thought



    But you added those two numbers - the total is 110,000.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    jlljll Posts: 2,709member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Eugene

    20,000 were sold...correct, but the question is how many of the 110,000 orders are to distributors and retailers, and not direct to customers. Notice it wasn't the 'Apple Store' that had 110,000 orders or 20,000 sold, but just Apple.



    I didn't say otherwise - I just corrected you because you said that Apple shipped 110,000 iPods.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by JLL

    But you added those two numbers - the total is 110,000.



    fair enough either way alot of iPods were sold haha
  • Reply 10 of 11
    Do you HAVE to post every time you have some little thought? Sheesh.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Clayton Magnet

    Do you HAVE to post every time you have some little thought? Sheesh.



    nope but u can see i do often
Sign In or Register to comment.